T-boned and OK | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

T-boned and OK

opielab

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4.0
I was t-boned today by a car going somewherfe between 40-50 we guess. He hit me right in the driver door.

I walked away without a scratch, although, I think the frame bent, and the fornt suspension is messed up. Plus the fender, and two doors.

But I don't have a scratch, and that is what impressed me. I'll get some pictures when I go to the yard, and update. Not a good day, needless to say.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh man i'm sorry! that is the worst. glad you're ok.

as of now, it sounds like it is totalled. which i wouldnt doubt. but i must say, ive heard lots of bad things about explorers. i dont care about any of them, it prob saved me quite a bit.

as of now, it sounds like it is totalled. which i wouldnt doubt. but i must say, ive heard lots of bad things about explorers. i dont care about any of them, it prob saved me quite a bit.

well man its good to hear u walked away... i had a friend do 3 full flips in an isuzu trooper and walk away from it unscathed... suprising how luck will keep u safe sometimes... 3rd gens may be better-protected from wrecking cuz the main thing ford was trying to do was prevent the rollover ratings the 2nd gen got, so they made it longer, wider, and tougher... post some pics and sorry for ur wreck... good thing u made it out

First sorry to hear that and I'm glad you are ok. Second I need a drivers side rear outer door handle(black). Is there away to get that from you? I've been trying to find a used one for a year now. Ford wants my left nut for a new one. I'll pay you for it and shipping.

Dang, sorry to hear this:( Glad to hear you're ok though:thumbsup:

First sorry to hear that and I'm glad you are ok. Second I need a drivers side rear outer door handle(black). Is there away to get that from you? I've been trying to find a used one for a year now. Ford wants my left nut for a new one. I'll pay you for it and shipping.

I'll keep you posted. My explorer is dark green though. I have to wait to hear what insurance says. I am going to get my stuff and take pictures today though.

here are some pictures

Car004.jpg

Car005.jpg

Car007.jpg

Sep25_0005.jpg

Sep25_0008.jpg

More pictures were taken, but I don't wanna slow down everyones connection. You can get a good idea from these too.

Glad to hear you are fine, that looks bad!

Oh, and your front drivers wheel needs to be aligned

glad to hear you're safe...

I hope they will call it totaled. It's better to just get the insurance money and go shop for a new truck.

I hope they will call it totaled. It's better to just get the insurance money and go shop for a new truck.

I am thinking it'll be the best route. I need a car, and don't want to wait for it to be fixed. Plus, it is a lot...

I will miss it if it's totalled though. My first car, and I put a ton into it....

Thats sad to see! looks like it held up good though, especailly for someone hitting you around 50mph! was a nice looking truck. so are you looking to get rid of that grill guard?

Thats way better than i thougth it would be... Glad you are ok

Glad to hear you're ok. Congrats, you'll be getting a new car!

if they call it totalled, i will have a lot of parts i will want to get rid of. i should know tomorrow, and will be able to let all of you know.

i was real lucky. made me feel a lot better towards fords though, and i know i cant bang on them anymore. that thing stood up to a test.

thanks guys, but ill keep u posted on parts.

hey, dibs on ALL your seats. i wanna put them in my new expedition......

hey, dibs on ALL your seats. i wanna put them in my new expedition......

would they fit? why do you want the explorer seats? just curious. and they arnt in perfect condition, as youd prob expect.

the expedition has a split bench, cloth. yours are leather....or vinyl, better either way....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the expedition has a split bench, cloth. yours are leather....or vinyl, better either way....

yeah its leather, but my rear bench is split too. or is that what u mean, its the same. i would have guessed the expeditions were bigger.

Back