T case skid plate on 2nd gen same as 1st? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

T case skid plate on 2nd gen same as 1st?

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Anyone know if the tcase skid plate is the same between first and second generation explorers? I figure thirds would be differnet but you never know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Matt from what I have seen they APPEAR to be the same. I can hold one up to my BII if you want and confirm, I have two removed currently.
I know my BII used the same as the gen I explorer, but my 88 skid plate is THICKER.

If you can that would be great. Mostly just a coutiosity thing for me. The one on my 93 is only mad of 1/8" thick steel. Looking for ways to beef it up. I am thinking 3/8" plate should do it :D

Matt,

I pretty sure they are the same. the one on my truck and the one on the '85 ranger look exsactly the same. Just different lines running through it. I thought of putting two together :rolleyes: Not sure if they will match up though. I have Jefe's old one that he tried to reinforce. It sort of works, but it seems like it's always puched up against the T-case :(

Stic-o said:
It sort of works, but it seems like it's always puched up against the T-case :(
That's probably because of stuff like this... :p

1600Stico-HC2-med.jpg

FROADER said:
That's probably because of stuff like this... :p

1600Stico-HC2-med.jpg

You've been just waiting to use that han't you Colin, and I walked right into it! :banghead:

Yeah but look in my awsome flex :p

Back