• Register Today It's free!

T-case swap?

Daverj

Reaction score
City, State
Whitehorse Yukon
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 sport trac xlt
Hello all! Newbie here. I'm considering buying a ST but curious if the v8 t-case(which i believe, all were awd) can be switched to a part time unit form ,say, a f150?

welcome to EF! im highly unsure on this, but could a BW4411 out of a 3rd gen work? they both had the 4.6 v8, but not sure about trannies though... i think the 3rd gens were all 5spd and the 4th gens a 6spd, so chances are wouldnt work... nevermind :/ afaik the f150 tcase swaps were for the 2nd gen from the 4404 to the 4406

the 2nd gen ST's use the BW4412, so it would need to be a case with the same mounting pattern. the front hubs and axle dont have any means to disconnect so you'd need to come up with a way to let the front freewheel to stop the front driveshaft from always spinning too. aside from the hardware, the electronics will not like this and you will have to deal with a wrench light on the dash. i've messed around with the electromagnetic clutch in the 4412 and when it's disconnected, sometimes a wrench light comes on even from that. just a few thoughts, but i started another thread on how to reprogram the adrenalin 'awd' transfer case programming from awd to the two speed 4wd programming which is a good change in my opinion...

Back