Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
CORVA canceled there Poker Run this weekend do too leagal advise. This continues on with the long Truckhaven battle

CANCELED CORVA Truckhaven Extreme Challenge Poker Run

The CORVA event at Truckhaven has been canceled for this weekend. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this last minute announcement may cause.

Due to a legal challenge by the Center for Biological Diversity and the Desert Protective Council, our attorney has advised us that it is in our best interest to cancel the event and withdraw the request for a Special Event Permit from California State Parks. Although this may feel like a loss, remember, we are in this for the long run. We need to work in conjunction with State Parks so Truckhaven will remain open and available for OHV use in the future.

TRUCKHAVEN is still OK to ride as an individual, the issue is we can not hold an organized event there.

RIDE and HAVE FUN.

Corva website

Center for Biological Deversity

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just read that too...pretty scary. Even TDS is up in the air now:thumbdwn:

Wonder when the last time and how often the CBD have been out there and how much they have done to support the local economy out there. I just sent in a new membership for CORVA because of this.

On CORVA'a calander of events, looks like there's a Truckhaven clean up planned in April put on by Primedia. I wonder how many desert clean ups CBD has done...I guessing zero:rolleyes:

leave it to the yuppies and tree huggers to ruin others fun. What some body needs to do is sue there a$$es for violating our rights to happiness. The Constitution guarantees it.

Tim

BrocLuno

I was there on the other side, or should I say in between? I was on the prerun to see if we were OK with the species issues, etc.

The enviros want the place closed. The State bought part of it so it could stay open to 4x4, but all the anti forces came out of the wood work to challange the State's ability to keep it open.

Anytime the Gov't takes an action on properties (like a purchase), it has to go through legal environmental review (CEQA, NEPA, etc.). Public agencies must respond to all the voters - off-roaders and enviros too. The job comes down to balancing the goals and such.

OBTW - in case you all did not know - if the State had not bought those sections, the developers were next in line with their purchase options. Either the State acted, or it was closure and subdivisions for sure.

Now it's a turf struggle for use vs restrictions. Every organized event will get challanged. That does not mean they will not go ahead, it just means better permit apps, route maps, etc.

Please write your legislator and ask for their support to keep it open? Every letter and email counts.

Broc :(

So we can't wheel there but they can build houses??? That seems fair!

Please write your legislator and ask for their support to keep it open? Every letter and email counts.

x2!! Keep emailing and sending letters or we won't have public land to wheel on anywhere...:mad:

x2!! Keep emailing and sending letters or we won't have public land to wheel on anywhere...:mad:
Anybody have the email address??

Oh, has anyone started a TDS thread yet, and is anyone planning on going since its being held in Octillio??

I'll try and find the addresses for you.

TDS at Ocotillo Wells, just sounds so wrong:(

I don't understand how an event that has been held for 40+ years at the same location can suddenly be doing something wrong.

I'm going to go off on a tangent here...

When Kali first elected "Ahhnold" I wasn't thrilled with their choice of Governors, but hey, it's not my state.

I did see a glimmer of hope in having "Ahhnold" as Governator. The hope I had was that since "Ahhnold" owned several H1 Hummers and was influencial in bringing the H1 to the public, he would have been a good representative of the offroad community.

I had TV spots visulized with "Ahhnold" and his "Hummah" on an offroad trail telling the good people of Kalifornia that he would "Terminate" them, if they didn't Tread Lightly on public and private land. Ok, maybe the Governer wouldn't say he would terminate anyone, but you get the idea. A high profile, power figure, promoting Tread Lightly would go a LONG way for positive publicity.

I presented my idea to the Land Use forum at POR. I was laughed out of there. Their excuse was that "the Governor is too busy to deal with **** like that"... What a cop out!! No one even gave it a try:(

If we lose the right to wheel on public land in California, it's not too far off before we lose the right everywhere. Everyone knows all the crappy laws dealing with the environment start in CA and work their way Eastward...

Once the greenies start bragging about shutting down "Truck Haven" they'll be pumped up to keep up their work.:(

Were gonna have to buy land in Mexico or Canada!!!!

I think we all need to join CORVA.

I just sent in my renewal - with a letter of thanks and support.

I just joined CORVA because of this truckhaven fight also. And here is part of their reply to me on joining up for $30.

Well, all of us at CORVA are volunteers. We do all the CORVA work after our regular jobs. That means every dollar donated goes into the programs - like legal defense, or education, or membership or the newsletter. I think if you join now, Wayne will be able to start your newsletter with the March issue. (We print labels for the ORIA 2 months in advance.) BUT in the mean time, you can go online at the web site and download the ORIA (current and back 5 issues or so) so you will be current on all that is going on with CORVA.

We really need all the new members we can get, so I want to thank you so much for joining. Please, "tell a friend" and let's get a bunch of new members this year!

i just joined right now while drinking natty ice in the bar at the airport.

This post was edited by a moderator :shifty_ey :bsnicker: Froader!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just sent a donation.

Back