• Register Today It's free!

T5 swap

greenstripper

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 4 door
I'm swapping a 351w and a WC T5 from an early mustang into my 98 explorer chassis. I have converted the 4wd over to 2wd (removed axle, swapped spindles/rotors,) and already have the needed mounts for the motor. My question is now what mount do I need for the trans? Advanced adapters couldn't give me a part, and everything I've found shows adapters for transfer case equipped vehicles. I already have the trans and this is what I will be going with, and any info helps. Anyone done this swap before? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm swapping a 351w and a WC T5 from an early mustang into my 98 explorer chassis. I have converted the 4wd over to 2wd (removed axle, swapped spindles/rotors,) and already have the needed mounts for the motor. My question is now what mount do I need for the trans? Advanced adapters couldn't give me a part, and everything I've found shows adapters for transfer case equipped vehicles. I already have the trans and this is what I will be going with, and any info helps. Anyone done this swap before? Thanks.

If memory serves, the transfer case in Explorers is not supported by a mount as in older, traditional applications, pickups.

Having done any number of wild and weird swaps, I made up many crossmembers and brackets, to achieve rear support. All you may need to do is become a designer, fabricator, and welder. imp

Yeah I figured there would be a bracket on the market to accommodate the trans to the original crossmember, or even a new crossmember

Hey, what did you do with yout 4wd parts? I'm swapping up from 2wd...

Back