• Register Today It's free!

Tail gate handle

Ranger Al

Reaction score
City, State
Fresno, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 FX4 Ranger
Anyone break their tailgate handle? I did mine the other day, and couldn't believe it was PLASTIC! Called local auto parts and they don't have them, checked Ebay and they have choices of "plastic or real metal". Anyone ever replace it with the metal type?? This is off the 2000 Ranger, although I think it will work from 93 to current Ranger.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

did you break the handle or just the springs in the handle?

If the choice is plastic or real metal, metal is the no-brainer, IMO. The plastic one broke!

I broke the metal handle on my F250, but haven't replaced it yet.

...i have had good luck with the ones at pepboy's for 20 bucks???...i've broke a couple metal ones on my trucks and the pep boy ones have lasted...the aftermarket locking handles are usually built cheap though...;)

I broke the original plastic handle... I tried calling Pep Boys but they said they don't have them.

Try Ebay ther's always plenty there Cheers Barry

...ranger al, if pepboys is close to you i would go down there and ask in person...or, there is always the junk yard...;)

Can someone tell me how difficult it is to change the plastic tailgate handle on a Mazda B3000? My son broke his recently...

Regards,
Barry

If it's anything like my F250, (which it should be) it's pretty simple. I just replaced mine the other day.
Remove the access panel on the inside of the tailgate. Inside at the center, there should be two bolts that hold the handle on. Unbolt and remove the broken handle, and bolt in the new one.

What year is the Mazda?

Back