Tail light blinker out, emergency/reverse works | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tail light blinker out, emergency/reverse works

Bgrun01

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer
From what I've been reading around, I think the problem is electrical.

My right tail light does not work for the blinker or brake. The white reverse light does, however. To make it a little more confusing, when you double tap the alarm the red brake lights *will* light up. I actually need to check if it lights up when the emergency is on, but that'll be when I get the truck back later today.

The front blinkers works, but inside I get a rapid flash/click when turning on the right blinker. I've done some home physical repairs (replaces light housings and side mirror) but haven't educated myself on any electrical work yet.

I believe it's a dual filament bulb. When you click the alarm, your parking lights flash.

First things first, replace the bulb. The rapid blinking is a sign that the bulb is no longer completing a circuit.

You could also remove it and put it back in, see if it's just a connection issue, like corrosion.

I believe it's a dual filament bulb. When you click the alarm, your parking lights flash.

First things first, replace the bulb. The rapid blinking is a sign that the bulb is no longer completing a circuit.

You could also remove it and put it back in, see if it's just a connection issue, like corrosion.

You're totally right. I opened it and discovered the dual filament, then troubleshooted to find it was the blinking one that burnt out.

Back