tail light guards/altezza

TarHeel085

And den
Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4wd
ok guys i have a westin safari guard on the front of my X. and im tryin to decide if i really want to get the tail lights guard along with altezzas. so what do you think??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

personally, i think that that would look pretty tight. if YOU want it... go for it man!

Dunno man, it could look either really good or really tacky. Got any pics of your taillight guards?

cahnge your mind on the altezzas

hey i had the altezzas on my explorer and they are definitely not worth it. they fogged up and would be full of moisture constantly and were not worth the 200 bux i paid. i eventually got rid of them and got all clear ones made by apc and put red bulbs in them. they are cheaper and i have not encountered any problems with them unlike the altezza ones made by car wear. just warning the troubles you may encounter if you get the altezzas

I'm sure it wasn't entirely the altezzas that were causing you the moisture problems, it could have been the installation process that contributed.

the instillation process is quite easy which is unscrewing the screw and turning the 3 light bulbs in each light to the left and pulling out. It is the easiest thing to do but the altezza lights are not sealed completely and this is evident if you wash your car because water gets inside the light and that is what causes the moisture. car wear needs to seal them in order for them to work. i have also talked to other explorer altezza owners and all of them have the same problems with the taillights. theyre just made crappily

Originally posted by Hartman
I'm sure it wasn't entirely the altezzas that were causing you the moisture problems, it could have been the installation process that contributed.

all the altezza style tails will leak eventually. some leak the first time it rains, others might take a month or two.

Back