• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

LakersCentral

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I've undertaken some various vinyl wrapping / tinting projects, and one of the hardest parts is getting precise cutouts / cutlines. The only way to do it properly involves a decent amount of graphics work, and finding a shop with expensive machines to cut it. Furthermore, the initial setup fees push the overall cost way too high for an individual run.

So... I'm playing with the idea of selling precision cut layovers, if there's enough interest to make it worth it. I haven't worked out any numbers / pricing yet, but leave a comment if you're interested!

[Other Related Projects]

[Taillight Tint] (combined with a red LED, this looks very nice)

Attachments

• taillight_tint.jpg
    taillight_tint.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 635
  • taillight_tint_L.jpg
    taillight_tint_L.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 625
  • taillight_tint_R.jpg
    taillight_tint_R.jpg
    350.7 KB · Views: 637

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

LakersCentral

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
I've seen the LaminX films, but feel they are overpriced. I'm also looking to design layovers in different shapes & shades from what I've seen out there (the clear-only portion of the Ex taillight as shown above being one example).

And yes... it is a lot of work- FOR ME! For anyone purchasing these from me, it would be as easy as the LaminX (or any other tint) to apply.

[MENTION=256846]SurrealOne[/MENTION] I've actually looked into personalized license plates, and calculated the 10 year cost at nearly $400! There's other mods way more important to me for that kind of money! ;)

SurrealOne

Reaction score
City, State
OC Calif
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
I've seen the LaminX films, but feel they are overpriced. I'm also looking to design layovers in different shapes & shades from what I've seen out there (the clear-only portion of the Ex taillight as shown above being one example).

And yes... it is a lot of work- FOR ME! For anyone purchasing these from me, it would be as easy as the LaminX (or any other tint) to apply.

[MENTION=256846]SurrealOne[/MENTION] I've actually looked into personalized license plates, and calculated the 10 year cost at nearly $400! There's other mods way more important to me for that kind of money! ;)

It's not personalized plates it's just a re-release of the legacy black color classic plates. $50 is all. IMHO I think the black on black will look clean also the black and white combo will look great as well. But to each his or her own.

tinner

Reaction score
City, State
KC MO. area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited AWD
Like the Sport badge on the left rear window,new school- the Lakers on the right rear is old, old school.

LakersCentral

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
haha. my boys always find a way to become relevant again tho. hopefully 2016 when Durant comes westward ;.)

NJXPLORER

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
I used Knightshades on my Taillights , three coats. They look awesome blacked out. Get lots of compliments on them.