TALK about AIR!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TALK about AIR!!!

coolchris

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 xlt
i had a little jumping experience today and so i was looking at trucks jumping on the internet and look at what i came across... (and the first guy is an explorer!!! :D )

Dead Link Removed Dead Link Removed

the rest of the pics are at Dead Link Removed there are a bunch more check it out. its NUTS!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

DAMN! Both those rigs are sweeet.

The only way you'll EVER see my Ex doing that is if I say
" Oh no !!! " shortly prior !

Those guys are crazy !!!

You be hearing me a mile away yelling "OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

If that were me.:eek:

I hope that Ranger enjoyed the jump............I can't imagine how much $$$ it took to fix it.

Robb

and this is why you dont jump your truck..

Attachments

• fr14m.jpg
    fr14m.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 771

no matter how much damage, how stupid he felt, how much his wallet hurts.... i bet those few seconds in teh air were sooooo fun!

no matter how much damage, how stupid he felt, how much his wallet hurts.... i bet those few seconds in teh air were sooooo fun!

Chris is still high from his jumping today. Rock on Chris!

On a related note:

This is my 93 4.0 2WD Ranger that I sold to buy my Explorer.
When it was sold, it was lowered with 16" Ronals, 3 JL subs, tonneau cover, etc...

score one for you off road types....

Airborne_Ranger_.jpg

now that is one bad ass truck

the highest ive ever jumped mine is about three feet....

I think the extreme truck jumping is kindof stupid. If you wanna jump get a 4 wheeler. For $3,500 you can repeatedly jump 10-15 feet and not damage anything.

Yea but what fun would that be for the people watching you? The good thing about watching something like that is seeing the destruction.

did you ever see the picture of Rick jumping his explorer? he must've been like 15 feet in the air, that was one sweet pic. I used to have it saved to my hard drive but not sure where it is now, hopefully he'll come around here and post it.

I don't know why I've seen that before, but I have the explorer pics saved on my hd...I didn't remember that Ranger though...good LORD that's crazy! he got some mad air...and paid for it... but I bet it was fun as hell while it lasted :D

BTW, sweet arse truck rizzo...

Oh come on guys! Jumping your built prerunner is FUN! Not that I have one or would know but thats white Ranger looks like it did just fine, sure the bedsides didnt hold up, big deal! Just an excuse for new glass and more tube work. :)

I've had my BII up in the air a few times, no more then a few feet, = noisy tire carrier cuz it ripped the fiberglass tailgate a little. That was when she was stock.

CoolChris, that was the first Ex you have seen airborne?
There are a ton of Mcneils Explorer's running around catching air.....

You know when you build a prerunner like that you are not far off from what us rockcrawler guys are building, and we can all learn alot from each other. Bumpstops, different spring rates and shock valving are all that seperate the two, long travel suspension is what it's all about. Of course the majority of the prerunner guys are 2wd, but not allof them......

Some of the Rangers over here are sick!
www.offroadrangers.com

I am shooting for a best of both worlds build, mostly for trails and Moab type stuff but its still fin to romp around in the dunes!

Originally posted by 410Fortune
t ripped the fiberglass tailgate a little. That was when she was stock.

CoolChris, that was the first Ex you have seen airborne?
There are a ton of Mcneils Explorer's running around catching air.....

no, ive seen all of perrys stuff and the other mcneils, but this was just the most air ive seen in an explorer so i thought id post it

Nice. Looks like they need a bit more of a transission to soften the landing. Nothing like landing on the flat. LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by mattadams
did you ever see the picture of Rick jumping his explorer? he must've been like 15 feet in the air, that was one sweet pic. I used to have it saved to my hard drive but not sure where it is now, hopefully he'll come around here and post it.

RICK JUMPED HIS X ?!?!?
I HAVE TO SEE THIS!

Back