Talkin' GPS's, Garmin specifically | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Talkin' GPS's, Garmin specifically

ncranchero

Co-moderator
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Denver,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 F150 XLT 4x4
Does anyone have a Garmin nuvi with traffic? Is it helpful or just bling? Most of my work involves interstate driving so it could be of benefit if it functions well. How about a model that the destination address balloon is too big and obscures too much of the map? Some online ratings list that as a negative on some models. Someone helped themselves to my ancient outdated C340 so I have to buy a new one for the truck and am looking for personal input/opinions. I think I want to stick to Garmin and a pretty basic one at that, no bluetooth needed. I don't carry a laptop and I don't want it on my "dumb phone".Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have one that I bought about 2 years ago. I am going to stand up and say with no doubt in my mind it was the best and I mean the BEST $200 bucks I have ever spent on anything. Yes the traffic works. How good is the traffic feature you ask? It has diverted me around accidents that have saved me hours of drive time. Lost and don't know where you are? Turn on your Nuvi and kaput your found. The best part of the traffic feature is that it actually tells you how much longer it will take on your current rout. You have the option of turning the traffic on or off. I have my traffic on and my nav settings to best fuel economy. It works and it works great.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: 5/5 thumbs up for this one.

Thanks for the reply!

What model is your nuvi?

That one is discontinued now. I'm seriously considering the 50LM or the 1450LMT but trying to decide if the traffic feature is worth it. Love Garmin though! Thanks!

Hey no problem. Yea I know mine isn't new anymore however I would have zero hesitation in buying a new one if this one broke or was removed from my possession without permission or notice.
Garmin is without a doubt the best.

Back