Talking about my 2020 explorer limited... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Talking about my 2020 explorer limited...

peter_jones

Reaction score
City, State
Townsend
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Limited
I have had my 2020 Limited since Aug of 2019. I have about 20k on it and have went through the Trans oil leak, Sync updates, recalls on the seats and, a few other issues. I can really say that I'm not really impressed with my new explorer. This makes my 3rd. my first was in 1992, 2nd in 2020 and, this one.
I feel it has missed the mark on quality. Sure, it has alot of "bells and whistles" and gets pretty good fuel economy.
One of the things I've noticed is the road noise is loud.
The 10sp trans sucks, there is no other way to say it.
The info screen, att seamed very cool and had a "wow" factor. Now, it looks more like an "after-thought"
The fit and trim of the interior is not very smooth
Lets get one thing straight... I'm a Ford man and always will be. This is a disappointment to me, I just think it was pushed out of the design center and factory too fast.

Ford did push the 2020 out before it was fully ready. According to all the posts transmission issues, it does seem to be the weak link in the vehicle. As for the screen, many other manufactures have gone the same way in that it doesn't appear to be integrated into the dash the way it was previously. Since I don't have an Explorer, I can't comment on the "road noise" but mine is very quiet.

Peter

Ford did push the 2020 out before it was fully ready. According to all the posts transmission issues, it does seem to be the weak link in the vehicle. As for the screen, many other manufactures have gone the same way in that it doesn't appear to be integrated into the dash the way it was previously. Since I don't have an Explorer, I can't comment on the "road noise" but mine is very quiet.

Peter
The screen thing is something I guess you will have to get use to. It just is out of place

Back