• Register Today It's free!

tape deck problems

austin126

Reaction score
City, State
Virginia Beach, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I've been trying to use my ipod cassette tape converter, but every 15-20 seconds my tape deck tries to change sides on the tape which is really annoying when i'm trying to listen to music. anyone else having this problem? it's not actually a real tape so maybe the tape deck just doesn't like it, but i don't see why it shouldn't work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used to have a problem with those on an old CD Player, I would try maybe flipping the tape over and playing it that way. If that doesn't fix it, then I'd just get an FM modulator to send the signal to your deck.

I would recommend getting an FM transmitter instead. the tape converter sounds crappy. I got mine at radio shack for $10 and returned it because it sounded so bad.
I bought an FM thing for around $40 and LOVE it. I can listen to my mp3 player anywhere there is a radio around. I can set it to any station

That's a common problem with cheap tape adapters that aren't designed to work with an auto-reverse cassette deck. I'd get an FM modulator myself (the kind that plugs inline with the antenna), or one of the interfaced that hooks up to the CD changer input (I've got one from USA Spec that works great).

I'd stay away from the FM transmitters myself - they're ok in the middle of nowhere, but they have issues in areas with a lot of radio stations or RF interference (I couldn't use one within 10 miles of Washington, DC for example, but it worked fine at home).

Spoil yourself and get a CD player with an ipod hook up. They arnt too expensive and fairly easily installed.

Itll will be worth it.

Back