Taxxman's SAS | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Taxxman's SAS

Well since everyone and their brother is starting an SAS thread I thought I would start one for mine.

According to the Fed Ex tracking number the Scout steering box is sitting at my house waiting for me to get home tonight. My 44 is sitting at a shipping dock waiting for me to drag the trailer over there tomorrow to pic it up. I'll get some pics tomorrow or Wednesday.

I am putting a Dana 44 from a 76 bronco under the front of my truck. It will be coil sprung and steered by a scout steering box.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh it completely rides better once i take care of the sway with the secon set of shocks it will be perfect. It rides smoother than my stock truck. But boy do those 35s sing!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by taxxman2k
But boy do those 35s sing!

Oh but it's music to your ears isn't it!!

Looks BAD Dave. I'm happy for you man! I hope don't have to go through the things i've had. I still haven't gotten mine straited out. I don't have time to work on it.

Originally posted by JoshC
Oh but it's music to your ears isn't it!!

Looks BAD Dave. I'm happy for you man! I hope don't have to go through the things i've had. I still haven't gotten mine straited out. I don't have time to work on it.

Little by little there is always something. Its not a pavement princess so even though I am a perfectionist at times I am trying to hold back and let a few things slide. Functionality over looks.;)

"form follows funtion" as my pottery teacher used to say.

its what i live by.

you better load us up with some pics from this weekend. I havent wheeled in a few weeks so im getting the bug (dora is at the ford place again - bad ECM)

btw - im headed your way later this year to see my relatives. i migh tlook you up and may be we could go wheeling.

my great grandma is in Evansville, cousins in Princeton, other cousins in Hoosierville, uncles in Michagen City and rest of them across the line in Illinois near Tera Haute. We normally stay with friends in Louisville before we head into corn country so may be I can look you up. I may or may not be in the explorer, depends on how she is running.

Ya just let me know and give me some notice. We can atleast get a beer or 6. Attica is out west and may bot be a bad drive from terre haute....

taxx, did you get your pin or whatever you need fixed? aren't you leaving for a trip today?

Part will be here by 10am. 2 more hours. I pulled the old one out and got it all ready to go so it will only take 20 minutes to fix before i leave today.:D

Good to hear, hope everything works alright and the rig does good on the trail! By the looks of the pics I'm sure it will. By the way where are you going?

going to Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan. Its all sand no trails just hills and crap should be a great place for a first run. Especially since i still don't have my front shaft in ;)

sounds like fun, take lots of pics so we can see it in action!

oh I will. Gonna pick up a bigger memory stick on my way for the camera. Also got the video cam ready to go! Just hope there is somewhere to flex!

Originally posted by taxxman2k
Just hope there is somewhere to flex!

there is....there will be cars in the parking lot probably. ;)

Originally posted by Lifted95X
there is....there will be cars in the parking lot probably. ;)

Dude, I've dreamed of using a Ricer for an RTI!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

you hook up the front end yet?
updates:D

unfortunately not. Only update is it wheeled well in 2wd once i got used to it, then last week something started vibrating bad and the t-case is bleeding so my next step is to crawl under there and figure out what is vibrating in the rear and fix that leak. Then I will mess with the fron shaft. Hopefully this weekend. ALl that is left is the front shaft and lifting the rear a bit. Plus lengthening may trac bar, it is about 1" too short.

Well with the exception of some fender trimming and some fine tuning she is done! Took her wheeling with 4x4 for the first time this weekend:

http://www.haughs.net/memories/2003/chubfest1

Not one problem. I will take some time tonight and register in the SAS regstry.

What is the use of a SAS when you don't keep the SAS on the ground!:D

Attachments

• davewheely.jpg
    davewheely.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 237

Originally posted by SplashMan
What is the use of a SAS when you don't keep the SAS on the ground!:D

LMAO, so that I can run bigger tires in the air.

Back