Taxxman's SAS | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Taxxman's SAS

Well since everyone and their brother is starting an SAS thread I thought I would start one for mine.

According to the Fed Ex tracking number the Scout steering box is sitting at my house waiting for me to get home tonight. My 44 is sitting at a shipping dock waiting for me to drag the trailer over there tomorrow to pic it up. I'll get some pics tomorrow or Wednesday.

I am putting a Dana 44 from a 76 bronco under the front of my truck. It will be coil sprung and steered by a scout steering box.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is the xmember I made for the tranny, it ties in just below the tranny mount. I have plans to make another just like it behind the t-case to mount a skid plate across.

Attachments

• xmember.jpg
    xmember.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 281

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mount

Attachments

• xmember_mount.jpg
    xmember_mount.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 287

So i guess you had to cut out your tranny xmember. That's wierd, i didn't have to. Your adapter for the drive shaft looks different then mine too. Mine sticks out about 1", which could have been just enought to give me the extra clearance.

You also have a HP and I have a LP.;)

Ahh, didn't know that.:p

Back