TDS '08 Who's going? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TDS '08 Who's going?

Dave I plan on going out fri. moring what about u? were do u camp at ? we can be close 5 min or 1/2 hr what do u think.

As of now I should be out there sometime Fri. afternoon. I'm gonna see if I can take Fri. off and get out earlier.
As far as camp goes, i'm kinda following BKennedy's lead since he has a better idea of where to camp around Ocotillo Wells. I don't care how close we are to TDS, just don't want to have quads and crap ripping through camp at all hours of the night but probably not avoidable since it is TDS after all:rolleyes:
So what i'm saying is if someone has a solid plan, i'll go with it:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I should be able to make out late Friday night, depending on when I get out from work.

is that were the slot or the drop or something like that awsu:thumbsup:m run is what I hear. were do u think u guys want to camp? away from it all let me know. I normaly go to cauiqua trails (bucherd the name) past the blue inn on the north side of road.

That drop off point is called Heart Attack Hill.:eek:

dont care where we camp, just as long as i know where to find you guys;) I think I can get out there before dark friday;)

Well I have a new ride as of this sat. I will try and get the time off to make it out there friday night. I just have to see if I can switch with one of the guys at work for saturday off.:D:thumbsup:

As of now I should be out there sometime Fri. afternoon. I'm gonna see if I can take Fri. off and get out earlier.
As far as camp goes, i'm kinda following BKennedy's lead since he has a better idea of where to camp around Ocotillo Wells. I don't care how close we are to TDS, just don't want to have quads and crap ripping through camp at all hours of the night but probably not avoidable since it is TDS after all:rolleyes:
So what i'm saying is if someone has a solid plan, i'll go with it:thumbsup:

we can eather go county line or to cahuilla trail (got it right this time).both are nice county line is closer.do thay sell raffle tickets at the event or do u have to pre reg. to get one?

You can pre-register($50) or sign up at the event($60) and I think the deadline has passed to order shirts or maybe it was certain types of shirts i.e. long sleeve or hooded sweatshirts. Their website should have the correct info:

www.tds4x4.com

Pre reg is untill 2/19 shirt orders were supposed to be in 2/2 but says they'll do thier best to fill orders after that date:cool:

Pre reg is untill 2/19 shirt orders were supposed to be in 2/2 but says they'll do thier best to fill orders after that date:cool:

1 ticket per regester rig. thay do not sell tickets at the event at all. I did register today. u will get t shirt and raffel ticket when u show up.
we should meet and camp at county line 10 min. from event. we can get were it is quite?

I haven't had time to scout out a place for us that is quiet. There is a dry lake bed off of Split Mountain Rd, across 78 from Main Street (which is where TDS is held). I think it will be crowded though, since is is a regular spot for RV's. My computer will be down for most of the weekend, windows got corrupted and its getting nuked tomorrow. Should have it back and running soon. I might have time for a scouting trip this weekend, but????? My partner said he camps off of pole line road, which is a few miles east of TDS on 78. Its well marked and supposed to be quiet. The only problem with that is..............nothing to do when not at TDS, cause there are no challenging hills for 4whln.

Got the computer back up, but still no time to go out scouting. Will try to make it out there this week.

I am swaying towards the dry lake off of Split Mountain Road as the camping spot. Split Mountain goes south off of SR-78 in Burro Bend/Ocotillo Wells, takes a sharp left, then a sharp right. Just past the sharp right is a dry lake bed on the left, which is open for camping. Its just outside of the State Park boundries. I am afraid it will by crowded though, but I am running out of ideas. I might be able to run out there tomorrow or Wednesday.

So, if I can get the trailer, I'll be there. Just let me know where to meet you guys.

You can use my trailer if you want :D

who's got room for a couple passengers since my rig is taking it's sweet time?

Hey Colin, I'm not sure if I asked you this or not before, but when you rented the trailer from u haul for moab, did you have any issues? With the trailer or u-haul?

No issues at all. I just had to wrap the straps around the axle instead of the tires.

EDIT:

Just ignore the 45mph sign on the fender of the trailer. :D

RearView1.jpg

One more thing Colin, did Rick send any of these with you the last t-haven run? I need one to replace my missing pass. one and one for the 150.;)

AAA1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back