TDS Safari 2005 - March 5th and 6th | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TDS Safari 2005 - March 5th and 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brother_of_Jefe

Elite Explorer ??
Reaction score
City, State
Canyon Country, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Wrangler Sahara
Didn't see a thread started yet for the TDS Safari . . . I'm planning on being there. Anyone else?

Official TDS webpage

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its going to be crowded... the TTORA guys and several people from yotatech will be there also.....

John, this is all wrong. JEFF is supposed to post first, and then YOU post IMMEDIATELY AFTER, saying "me too". ;) :p

Yes, I'll be there. :D

RangerX said:
John, this is all wrong. JEFF is supposed to post first, and then YOU post IMMEDIATELY AFTER, saying "me too". ;) :p
TDS Safari posts seem to be the only exception

I will try to be there. Not sure if the 5speed conversion will be in full swing at that point or not.

I'm pretty sure i can make this. I have to make it to the dezert sooner or later to see if i keep up with Colin in the wash. :D

I might attend this.. I had plans for possible Easter Jeep in Moab, and the toyota jamoboree in JV/Hammers, but I'm so busy doing house remodeling, I'm tempted to do just one quick and easy trip.

Besides, it gives me a chance to test my new camper out.

All depends on work if I will be there or not. At least now I am locked up.

Okay, now where to camp..........??

I vote for the area we scouted on the last day of our January run. Past where we usually camp by about one mile west on that dirt road that skirts the wash. There is a flat spot right next to the wash that would be perfect, if we can get it. Its far enough away from the festivities that we should be out of the dust and not have any tools drive through our camp.

I checked out that spot that is one exit north on 86 from Marina. Its flat, and right at the end of the trails, but is close to the highway and real dirty. Looks like people shoot there a lot and use it as a alternate dump.

I've been doing some research on my route to Truckhaven.

I210 used to drop down to I10, but now that short stretch has been renamed Route 57. Route 210 now extends to I15, and almost to I215 from the looks of it. There is a short loop called Route 30 that drops down to I10 in Redlands.

My question is - there is a short section between I15 and I215 that is not freeway yet. Anyone drive it lately? This route appears to avoid a lot of the commuter crush on I10.

tdavis said:
I've been doing some research on my route to Truckhaven.

I210 used to drop down to I10, but now that short stretch has been renamed Route 57. Route 210 now extends to I15, and almost to I215 from the looks of it. There is a short loop called Route 30 that drops down to I10 in Redlands.

My question is - there is a short section between I15 and I215 that is not freeway yet. Anyone drive it lately? This route appears to avoid a lot of the commuter crush on I10.
Ever since the 210 was extended to the 15, John and I have taken it that direction. Between the 15 and 57 it is only 2 lanes plus carpool, but it is still always better than the 10 as it doesn't have near the number of trucks. (and the carpool is always nice when we have 2 or more kids with us :) ) I don't know if its been completed out to the 215 or 30 yet, but whenever I hear that its finished we'll probably try out that route.

BKennedy said:
Okay, now where to camp..........??

I vote for the area we scouted on the last day of our January run. Past where we usually camp by about one mile west on that dirt road that skirts the wash. There is a flat spot right next to the wash that would be perfect, if we can get it. Its far enough away from the festivities that we should be out of the dust and not have any tools drive through our camp.
That area sounds good. The only problem is making sure all of us find the same spot. That always seems to be the problem at TDS.

Jefe said:
That area sounds good. The only problem is making sure all of us find the same spot. That always seems to be the problem at TDS.
This one is easy, just keep going about a mile (I really don't know exactly how far, I'm just guessing) past where we usually camp until you see a real nice flat area right next to the wash.

And......if that spot is taken, we don't have an alternate in the vicinity. It should be open if someone gets out there early enough because there is not enough room for those huge RV's.

How many rigs are coming so far? Looks like 7 to me.

I'm looking to be there about noon Friday, and spent the afternoon in the Vendor display and watching the build up of the tinbender's raffle truck.

One problem - they are going to close down all the sites along the paved road last I heard. This could make the rest of the area fill up QUICK.

Tom. you should get there before most of the crowd arrives, so grab the best spot you can find along the dirt road past where we usually camp. You were with Rick and I when we scouted out that spot, so you know where to go.

Most of the TDS crowd camps along Anza wash, which is to the south of Palm wash that we like to camp near.

Where did you hear about them closing the streets along Marina? I just don't see how they could close an area off cause they would have to be there all weekend to keep people out. Just closing off a street won't work, people would just go around.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back