Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Anyone planning on going to TDS this year?
Its the first weekend of March (01,02). We are still in the thinking about it stage, but I haven't missed one in several years. If we go, we will be camping up on the Mesa off S-22, far enough away from the fun zone to sleep at night, but only a few minute drive to the vender area. We would be getting there at least one day early to try and get a decent spot (even this far away, it fills up fast).

We are also talking about only going out for Sunday, since the Kelley's cannot come out for the whole weekend. Maybe go from the vender area to the obstacle area for a while, then to the Pumpkin Patch, across the Cross Over Trail, through Burro Bend, up Fish Canyon, up Diablo Drop-off (not as hard as it sounds), up Oraflame Canyon, through Julian and back to San Diego.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I should be able to make it:D

I don't think I will make this after all. I know I started the thread, but stuff happens. I am working a bunch this month and need to do more work on the Explorer before I take it out again.

I'm out. Too many expenses right now. I can't swing the cost for fuel... or trailer tires ;)

It's gonna be a muddy mess. I was going to head out tonight. Not anymore after I looked at the forecast. I've been there when it's rained a lot. It's not fun.

<snip> or trailer tires ;)

Buy them at discount and get road hazard. It makes getting replacement much cheaper.. I've gotten 2 replaced like that already.. The tires were just sitting there and the tread started to separate so I brought them in..

~Mark

I buy them at Big-O and get the certificates. Still costs $40 each time.

Almost glad my Explorer is still in pieces because I would not want to be tempted to go out in this weather. Its raining hard right now.

Gonna head out tomorrow morning. Rain has been very light and intermittent here and I suspect the same out there. Should be great conditions...no dust:D

Edit: Just looked at FB posts from TDS and it very windy and dusty...no rain.

Back