TeeJay's 2005 Exploder | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TeeJay's 2005 Exploder

Well I picked up my explorer on 04/09/10. She had 80,519 on the clock.

To date ive had:

-Rebuilt motor at 80,627..yes it blew up about 3 days later..I had a dealership warranty though thank god.

-Egr valve had to be replaced at 95,495

-Rebuilt transmission, everything possible in it is brand new. (115,000)

-No other problems besides these!

Shes at 119,000 now..

The day I got her..
poppylookingfirstday.jpg

Firstday.jpg

Some of the interior..

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

interior3.jpg

HID's were the first mod I ever did to it..

HID4.jpg

Then I added the black Headlights/Corners

dayofterragrapplers.jpg

Next I added oversize 265/65/17 Nitto terra grapplers..

fgsdfgsg.jpg

fdgsdfgsgrf.jpg

Next I removed the running boards and painted the roof rack and added a bug guard..

ghjgh-1.png

Many more mods to come!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great mate. Lucky with that motor warranty!!!

nice x

that style rim looks fricken sweet painted black! very cool. 1.5" wheel spacers now?

Thank ya sir! and yeah ive definitely been contemplating it, I think it would look good as hell and alleviate some of the scrubbing but I hear all these horror stories of people spacers coming apart and wheels falling off and stuff. But yeah a light bar/grill guard deal is in the works right now.

But yeah a light bar/grill guard deal is in the works right now.

same here, lol. its been in the works for about a month now. i made up a design in paint and its on my registry if you need ideas and measurements

EDIT: how about some nightshades on those tail lights ;)

Yeah im definitely gonna check that out and yeah when I went back and looked at the pictures I put up they really stuck out..and not in a good way..I may be taking a trip to home depot tomorrow.

Looks great with the black rims dude.

All it needs is a small lift now :D

That it does, ive ordered my wheel spacers already and i think im gonna put a 3 inch body lift on it. Gonna wait and do it all at once though. More epic lol

Kinda bored and just felt like throwing up pics of my other love...I was kinda cramped with pics in the garage but i'll edit it with other pics tomorrow...

5578227b.jpg

1936f5e8.jpg

6f288424.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your X is coming along sweet mate. Look's great with the blacked out rims and de roof racked (?) :)

Back