• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Teen guys worse drivers then teen girls?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

01EB5.0

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Allendale, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Eddie Bauer V-8 AWD
This is what most insurance companies say, but i seriously think they are wrong. I have seen many females that are hortrable drivers, and the accidents I have seen around school have been females. True some of the guys are more daring, but I have not seen any bent metal from it. i hav not ridden with many other teen drivers, but the one I did ride with drove his jeep like it was a sports car, he blew the engine at 117K and the transmission at 120K, then they sold it and now he has a 2000 Grand Am GT. Oh well. He also has had 2 tickets..1 for doing 75 in a 55 zone and another for doing 35 in an 25.
I consider myself a pretty safe driver...I've been driving for over 2 years and have never been pulled over or been involved in any accidents. i believe I have over 35,000 miles driving experiance. I know it isn't a lot, but i think I can almost say I've seen it all. I've seen so many stupid things done on the road I am prepared for almost anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Pemerling

Reaction score
City, State
Boston MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT V8
i agree that some guys are worse than others. but to be honest the majority of girls i drive with are absolutely horrible. i dont even let my girlfriend drive my explorer...ive got something like 100000 miles of driving experiece and im only 20 and i have been pulled over three times. one ticket, a warning and now a court date (it wasnt my fault)...i consider myself a very safe and experienced driver..

Spectre

Reaction score
City, State
York/Villanova PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport
I've said it before and I'll say it again: bad driving isn't limited to one sex or the other. I think the difference is in how the accidents happen. In my experience, most of the guys i know who were in bad accidents were showing off, and most of the girls were just plain not paying attention(sorry ladies, I'm not trying to be stereotyping women or anything, this is just personal observation). Examples: A male high school classmate of mine was out wiht some other guys and decided to demonstrate how fast he could take a corner, rolled his Olds over on top of himself and died. My freshman year, a female Junior was driving with some of her friends to a football game, was yakking w/the girls in the back, ran off the road, rolled her Jeep, and she died. Obviously, these were some pretty extreme examples. My point is, it doesn't matter what sex you are, if you are doing something stupid, you're likely to cause an accident.

FlyAU

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 GLI, 2013 Escape
Originally posted by 95XLT
This is what most insurance companies say, but i seriously think they are wrong...True some of the guys are more daring, but I have not seen any bent metal from it.
You're going to argue against empirical data? Right...click here.

In my opinion (for what it's worth), teens as a whole are crappy drivers. In their defense, this is not entirely their fault. After all, they haven't had any decent examples to go by, judging from what I see on the interstate & surface streets. Georgia just approved stricter teen driving laws yesterday...it may do some good (it requires mandatory drivers ed), but ultimately it is up to the parents to be a parent and not their child's buddy.

[Edited by FlyAU on 01-26-2001 at 10:00 AM]

FlyAU

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 GLI, 2013 Escape

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
I'm gonna kill this one before it has the chance.

I just killed a "let's complain about another type of vehicle" thread and here we go with a "let's complain about girl/women drivers" thread.

This forum is not named "Complain, Bitch, and Gripe Here". Maybe it does need to be renamed "Exploring (almost) Everything Under the Sun" to make this a little bit clearer for those who haven't figured it out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.