Who's more Annoying Drivers:Teens or Old People

• Teenagers

Votes: 75 29.6%
  • Old People

Votes: 178 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
F14CRAZY said:
You're dang right I'm capable! I've got a 4 wheel drive Explorer! :thumbsup: Rick himself said the Explorer is capable.

Explorers are capable, but those that drive them are not necessarily so. Why do you think that the Explorer gets so much flak. Bunch of idiots trying to drive it like a Porsche.

I get annoyed by both the fast and furious drivers and the slow and confused/scared driver. The distracted driver really pisses me off, as does the road hogs that will drive at/under the limit and keep pace with the car right next to them on a two lane road in one direction. This is one of the most dangerous things in my opinion. They have no room to swerve or get into the lane they want, and anyone else has no way of getting by them.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Old people are more annoying, but young people are far more dangerous.

Crazy5711 said:
Explorers are capable, but those that drive them are not necessarily so. Why do you think that the Explorer gets so much flak. Bunch of idiots trying to drive it like a Porsche.

I think he was being sarcastic ;).

Although several times I have got into conversations where people were complaining about Explorers and how they were driven dangerously especially in the winter when people get too confident about 4 wheel drive.

funnyperson1 said:
I think he was being sarcastic ;).

Thanks for backing me up :cool: He must think that Heeps or sumthin are more capable :hammer:

Give way! I've got a stick shift Explorer! :burnout:

Naw. I may be 16 but I watch what I'm doing. I don't drive slow, but not fast; just firmly. I've seen the videos, seen the pictures, heard the stories.

F14CRAZY said:
Thanks for backing me up :cool: He must think that Heeps or sumthin are more capable :hammer:

Give way! I've got a stick shift Explorer! :burnout:

Naw. I may be 16 but I watch what I'm doing. I don't drive slow, but not fast; just firmly. I've seen the videos, seen the pictures, heard the stories.

Who, me? I love my explorer. My stick shift Ex is awesome. I have calmed down quite a bit, but I can still take a punk kid in thier little ricer any day. :burnout:

I say old people. While i may only be a teen i have already learned old people just dont pay attention. in october i had this old man hit me with his monstrous caddie, me (in my moms civic) got owned! I mean, teens may be too fast (i am sometimes) and may be a little aggressive (but who isnt?). But at least we are attentive and have reflexes to hit the brakes when the light goes red(thats how i got hit). Old people just cant drive, plain and simple. Teens may be piss poor speed demons, but for the majority of the time, we have the judgement and response times that far excede old folks.

JWF

worst driving experience i have ever had was on I-88 on the way back from iowa to chitown. i was stuck behind an old, asian woman on a cell phone for like 30 miles. i wanted to kill myself :fire:

EDIT - Even tho old people may be worst drivers than teens, I would have to vote for teens. Reason is, an old guy ran a stop sign and i clipped him in my '89 yota. He paid me $4,000 for a car that was barely worth $200. Without that old man, I wouldn't have my X :)

jgilbs said:
worst driving experience i have ever had was on I-88 on the way back from iowa to chitown. i was stuck behind an old, asian woman on a cell phone for like 30 miles. i wanted to kill myself :fire:

EDIT - Even tho old people may be worst drivers than teens, I would have to vote for teens. Reason is, an old guy ran a stop sign and i clipped him in my '89 yota. He paid me $4,000 for a car that was barely worth $200. Without that old man, I wouldn't have my X :)
lol, it doesn't get any worse than that does it? Old Asian woman on a cell phone, fits almost every stereotype I have ever heard about bad drivers.

both are pretty bad

Old people for a simple reason, I'm 17.

both, some young kids think they know everything, and have attatudes. but when you get behind a blue hair driving her caddy 25 in a 40. and she is looking thru the steering wheel. Then turns left from the far right lane without turn signals.

Tim

Old people suck. Young people suck. End of happy story.

heh ;)

JWF505 said:
But at least we are attentive and have reflexes to hit the brakes when the light goes red(thats how i got hit). Old people just cant drive, plain and simple.
JWF

So you were both probably speeding and you in all your years of driving wisdon slammed on the brakes becuase it turned yellow without looking in your rear view. Yeah it was his fault for driving to close but you don't have to slam on the gas and the brakes everywhere your going.

I think an actuary can tell you who's the most likely to create an accident of the two groups. And the premiums that are figured& paid reflect the outcome of the stat's.

There are rude older people as well as rude and dangerous other age groups. I try to stay calm around older drivers and alert to extend them the courtesy of having to drive and contend among the generally self involved and self important masses.

It could be your mother or grandmother trying to find a Dr's office after the urban sprawl rendered all past landmarks unrecognizable and the roads all now divided making difficult strategies for touchdown. After all their tax dollars built the infastructure during the past 40yrs.

But sometimes I lose it. Moreover, I have followed newly licensed annoying young twerps back to their destination, or home for confrontation. They've probably never had any physics courses to better understand .....................................blah..................... :burnout:

Im a teen and i think ive figured it out...teens are just trying to explore wat they can do and get away with. i think as i get older, the stuff i do now will get boring and we'll settle but once ur given a lil card giving u the privilege to operate a machine that can go at least 80mph, why not explore wat u can do :p

old people they have the reflexs of a post and there sight is not much better if not worse all tho teen think there the best driver to date exept they havnt drivin long. im almost 20 and my dad made me drive 250 hours with him then call all the time so he knew how fast igot there plus he gave me a full size v6 ford it would do 80 down hill at best my 50 cents

by the way no wreaks tickets or fines now if i could only spell

Old people are way worse. I like to drive fast so teenagers are better drivers :)

Its just normal for teens to think the road is theirs and driving is a game. In time they settle down and then later they become the OLD people crawling down the road.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I find i dont like doing really stupid things.. i wont cut anyone off (at least intentionally), i accelerate fast, but i wont try any manuvers on the road, even if im out in the open. People say i drive fast, yet i dont break the speed limit..... 3 people told me so far in the past week!

Ive already had a few close calls (only one was my fault), and just today i accidently pulled out without seing a car coming, i was halfway across the road turning, no one was coming the other way, so i just backed up out of his way, felt pretty damn bad about it even though it was a total accident. To make it worse he shook his head at me once he saw i was a teenager. I ended up behind this guy for about 2 min, and he just couldnt keep his car centered for the life of him.

I also almost got hit by some kids at my school, passing me on the gravel side of the road when i was turning (completely illegal here), they hit the gas and spun the tires and started serving. Not only this coulda taken out the one side of the truck, it coulda meant a new paint coat if they had gotten rock chips all over it.

I find i drive better then my dad even, he is awsome when he isnt distracted, however, he does seem to get distracted easily (he also drives an e-450 cube van for work). He will speed too on backroads were i wouldnt. And i am more worried on the road about people my age then i am of elderly, with them they dont drive too slow around here, but they accelerate slow, i dont mind that because it makes it easier to know what there doing in case anything may happen.

Id have to say though, us teans are still pretty bad, at least the majority are, which annoys me because it gives people the wrong impressions about us.

Back