• Register Today It's free!

Tell me what you think

kevman

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Ford Explorer
Well guys, I had some money, and got bored with nothing to spend it on, so i've decided to spend it on my car, and well, it wasn't alot of money so i've done it all myself. I'm thinking of kinda going the "stormtroop" direction w/ my '02 explorer, and would really like some opinions. As far as exterior goes, the only thing i' have to do now is get my stock 16'' limited rims powder coated [unless someone suggests a better idea.] Now Keep in-mind that i bought this car completely stock, only thing it had was back window, factory tint. heres a few things i've done so far.
IMG_20120106_125244.jpg

IMG_20111229_164115.jpg

IMG_20111229_154619.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

love the colors and nice work, looks good
Welcome Aboard :)

I thought Limited rims were chrome? Or do you have other Limited rims that you're pc'ing?

2003_ford_explorer_limited_v8_awd-pic-16939.jpg

i think the 02 explorers came with different limited wheels...maybe someone else can chime in on this that would knoww

Those are my limited rims man, and im pretty sure the '02 limited ones were dif. than urs :)
and thanks guys, So, what do you guys think i should do next?

by the way, i know quite a few things about audio, so if anyone needs help, or questions feel free to shoot me a pm. will be active on site for now on :p

nice x i was thinkin exhaust or hids or intake

nice x i was thinkin exhaust or hids or intake

Haha thanks man. yeah i'd love an exhaust, but the only thing is, mines a V6 = / i know Magnaflow [my favorite exhaust company :p] makes a v6 exhaust and a few others do also, but man idk. i dont care too much for them. and Hids are nice, but man their costly.

man i want exhaust too but i have a twist for it, when i get the money i'll post my questions

Haha thanks man. yeah i'd love an exhaust, but the only thing is, mines a V6 = / i know Magnaflow [my favorite exhaust company :p] makes a v6 exhaust and a few others do also, but man idk. i dont care too much for them. and Hids are nice, but man their costly.

you can get hids from ddmtuning for like 35 dollars

he probably wants it done the correct way and have the lens and everything

'02 Limited Explorers came with two wheels available, what he has and what I had-

101_1355.jpg

'03 and Limited Explorers came with the normal chrome 17" we are all used to seeing:D

Edit- Another intresting fact is that 3rd gen Limited's are typically all one color, 2002's were the only year they had the two tone look:D

Yeah, i jus read ur post :) i like it, i may have to do that. mine are faded pretty badly.

i think it looks great... i have the exact same ex same colors and everthing but i have aftermarket black wheels on mine and a westin bull bar and also a double din touch screen navi :)

Haha, hell yeah. post a pic of it man, i wnna see it. and thanks

Here's some pics tell me what u think I just installed the new headlights
IMAG204-1.jpg

IMAG0202-1.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0076.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back