Tellico for Columbus Day

Paul

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Grit City, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 “Sport”
Anyone interested in a run at Tellico (N.C.) during Columbus Day weekend (7-9 October)??

I'll check out potential lodging/chow/services in the area and do a pre-run if necessary. I know there is a ton of info on the net about Tellico, and I'll post some of it if there are any East Coasters who want to get together for some wheelin'.

Paul Sabin
'91 Sport

P.S. Never been there, so anyone interested with trail experience would be a great asset...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From what I've seen, its a pretty rugged place, although if I recall, they do have different rated trails. I wouldn't mind going, but of course, I'm working that weekend. :-(

It would be quite an experience, even to watch.

I would be interested, but I'm stock plus long wheelbase! Do you have an experience with Tellico?

Paul thats to far away for me to go. :) Sorry... :) Long time no see, hows the new setup going?

Hey East Coasters. WAKE UP!! Let Paul know what you think. The guys from the west are watching us (BIG grin smilie here, you remember? :D :D )

Tellico Run

Hey guys , damn would i love to go, but as it turns out i still haven't won the lottery to finish the truck. I ran into some bad luck last year with the hurricane and haven't had any money to put into the engine , and finishing the custom susp. mods. , if anything changes i will certainly post, 2 years ago we had up to 13 members interested in going to tellico but i don't hear anyone jumping in now, Paul i will e-mail you the list of folks interested then and if you like you can contact them individually to find out, some of the address are no good but i can't remember which ones. Anyway if y'all go have a god time and get photos and if things change here i will definitely get back here.

dodgerr

DB - As long as we get one other modified rig (or someone who doesn't care about body damage) to go, you can ride shotgun with me. If not, I'm sure there are plenty of other decent trails we could do that'll accommodate your truck.

Tom - If your calendar frees up, Tellico could be the shortest drive you've had to make to wheel with some fellow Explorers... ;)

Ryan - Yep, N.C. is too freaking far for a few days of wheelin'. Remember how long it took to get to Tuttle Creek?? And that was the adjacent state. The rig is running great, but I did have to reinforce my fabbed rear shock mounts.

Kyle - My e-mail account has changed from what is listed in the "Reader's Rides" section. It is now ptsabin@earthlink.net. I'll contact anyone who was interested a few years back, but I'm not trying to make this a mega-run (don't have the time to dedicate to planning that level of event). If we generate some interest, I'm sure we could find an open seat for you.

Just thought I'd throw an open invitation out on the site to see if anyone else is interested. Again, I haven't been there yet, so it'd be kind of a casual get together without a planned itinerary...

Paul
'91 Sport

Back