Tellico: Mother's Day 2003 May 10th-12th | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico: Mother's Day 2003 May 10th-12th

Senior Moment

Kris,

I just read your message again as to whom is confirmed going and saw my user name. Sorry.

Rick
:confused: :confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: Senior Moment

Originally posted by Bionc Marsh.
Kris,

I just read your message again as to whom is confirmed going and saw my user name. Sorry.

Rick
:confused: :confused:

I am Editing it as I hear from people. ;)

The fender is not completly fixed, but it looks ok for now. I'm thinking about getting glass up front, and then I can run 35's, but in the future though.

Sheesh, now I just want you guys to go on this trip so I stop getting thread updates :p :D

You can always unsubscribe the thread!

But then I'd miss the interesting stuff too :)

Got some thinking to do. I was under the impression that tellico was in murphy tn, which is about 5 hours for me, but i just found out that it is in murphy nc, which is closer to 8 hours. That's going to be rough. I've got to think about this.

what's an extra 3 hours? Michael, Kris, and I are driving 17-18 hours from Houston, TX. Sack up and get out there ;)

What day are you leaving and what day do you plan on going back??

Randall dont for get the Extra two hour drive from Victoria to Houston. ;) And I dont have a trailer so I am doing this Drive on my 36" swampers.. I took off from the 7th till the 14th

Originally posted by Mudd*****
Michael, Kris, and I are driving 17-18 hours from Houston, TX.

goodness gracious that is a long way.

cmon Josh, we wanna see that beast in action.

Yeah i'm coming. I might see if i can take off that next monday, but i doubt it with my boss being out of town that would just leave 1 guy at the shop. But i'm coming. I'm trailering mine down the WV turnpike, not a fun interstate to pulling, nothing but mountains.

I called my brother to make sure he still wanted to follow me down and he said yeah, so we're in. We'll more then likely just be able to stay for the saturday run. I really really wish i were closer!

Josh,

It's about the same distance to take 64 to 75. It's been a long time since I have been on 75 so I don't remember the lay of that road. Just a thought.

I moved 900 miles and now have a 7 hour drive, compared to 10 hours from VA.

See you there!

FYI, I hope to arrive at the campground around 7 pm.

Originally posted by Bionc Marsh.
FYI, I hope to arrive at the campground around 7 pm.

Hey someone finally answered!

Yeah Rick, i went by my local 4x4 shop today to show them my explorer and was talking to him about it and he told me the same thing. He said it was actually about a half hour shorter, so i think i might try that then. That would be easier then trying to go down the WV turnpike, you can vouch for me there!

What is the departure time for the trailhead on Sat. morning? I won't be able to come up on Friday, so I will have to meet you guys on Sat. morning.

any need for firewood? you guys normally build one?

Originally posted by jasonb
any need for firewood? you guys normally build one?

Oh were building one! I don't have any here.

I'm not sure that i'm going to be able to trailer mine down now. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice. My brother said he has to work until 12, so i'm trying to get him to call off sick so we can leave at a decent time and get there at a decent time.

I'm assuming everyone is packing food for the trail. I'll have a big cooler with ice and stuff if anyone needs to put something in it.

What kind of setups are we looking at here on rigs. I know a few. I've got 35s with a SFA and lockers.

you mean it won't make the trip.. or you will be driving it down rather than trailer?
i'll bring some firewood. i have a lot.

i feel like i have so much more to finish on my truck this week!

The explorer should be making the trip, just maybe not on a trailer. No big deal, but i'd just feel safer. I called Uhaul just for the heck of it and they want 50 bucks per 24 hours. I said, no thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I should be arriving around 7-8pm on Friday. Whomever gets to the campground first, try to get all the sites together, or as close as possible.

Plan to spend all day on the trail (pack trail lunch and snacks, etc). We can go into town if we want to on Saturday night and eat at the local steakhouse or at that Pizza place downtown; whatever we end up in the mood to do.

I can't wait! :bounce:

Back