Tellico: Mother's Day 2003 May 10th-12th | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico: Mother's Day 2003 May 10th-12th

I get more excited everytime i open this thread up. I've got to get my explorer in the garage today and get to cleaning from saturdays trip, then start to get all my stuff organized for the weekend trip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

so it looks like nobody will be there early. guess i'll wait around and not leave as early as planned.

question for all you veterans there.. is the campground pretty cool as in we can leave stuff there during the day without worrying about it "walking off?"

looks like mother nature will be preping the trails for us all week!

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 214

Is there much mud there, or is it just a bunch of rocks? Either way it's going to be NASTY!

guys with all the rain we are getting in NC this week it is going to be ruff! rocks will be VERY slick and if any mud will be thick and nasty! D@MN prom is holding me back from going! maybe next year!

Take plenty of pics for us and damage and the best of luck that nothing get broken.

We've looked the campsite over before and met the owner but haven't actually stayed there yet, so we cannot say if stuff "walks" away from the sites very often. However, Steve (the owner) is usually always onsite (he lives there and keeps a shop there), is very friendly and attentive, and runs a first class operation, so I believe it will be as safe as a campsite can get. He spends a lot of time keeping it up daily. I talked with one guy and commented on how clean it was. He told me that he stayed there during a huge event when the campsite was packed full and lots of stuff was going on, and he said throughout the entire weekend it was kept so clean you could eat off of the shower floors. I wll be leaving stuff at the campsite and won't be worrying about it.

Ewww.... weather.com says 60-30% chance of scattered and isolated thunderstorms/showers all week long, then 30% chance on the weekend. Tellico does not have big deep mud bogs. It's dirt/rock trails on a mountainside. If that forecast holds true, Tellico will primarily be muddy rocks this weekend and the trails will be extremely slick - slimy clay and thick mud on steep rocky inclines (and a couple of trails have walled chutes that will be waiting for us to slide back and forth into the walls).

:smoke: It's going to be brutal, gang. Welcome to Tellico! :bounce: :roll:

Originally posted by JoshC
What kind of setups are we looking at here on rigs. I know a few. I've got 35s with a SFA and lockers.

Michael, Kris, and I all have 36" swampers and powertrax no-slips in the rear; Michael and Kris have detroit ezlockers in their d35's and I have an ox locker in a d44. Any other questions? ;)

Originally posted by jasonb
so it looks like nobody will be there early. guess i'll wait around and not leave as early as planned.

What do you mean by early? Michael, Kris, and I are leaving Wednesday morning, we'll be near atlanta wednesday night, and maybe thursday night too, and we'll leave Atlanta first thing on Friday morning. We should be at the campgrounds around noon on Friday. Gerald, we'll need directions to Crawfords, we can't seem to remember where it was ;)

I posted that I would be there around 7 pm. However I forgot to mention (and forgot all together) that's CST not EST. So I may be a little later, depends on when I can sneak :D away from work.

See you Friday!!!!!

Originally posted by Mudd*****
Michael, Kris, and I all have 36" swampers and powertrax no-slips in the rear; Michael and Kris have detroit ezlockers in their d35's and I have an ox locker in a d44. Any other questions? ;)

I didn't realize you all had 36's, man i just got my beast back now i'm going to be a little guy again!! haha Any of you have winches?

One among us has a winch, but he is waiting on his front winch bumper to show up. So it's unlikely that he comes equipped with one.

hey mudd*****... where in atlanta are you guys staying?

so your still a little ways from atlanta then. well.. see you all there! doesn't look like the wet weather is gonna stop. its pouring here like crazy. sky is DARK gray. tornado warning just up the road. fun fun...

I have an idea Jason...how bout we load my truck up with Firewood and all and we can also use mine to put all the coolers and food in while we are on the trail...it will give us somewhere to keep everything. We can just leave it back at the campsite.

Okay, but bring some Ziegenbocks!

Gerald, we'll need directions to Crawfords, we can't seem to remember where it was ;)
==========================
From Crawford's website link:
Directions:
From traffic light in middle of Murphy, go west on Tennessee St.- Along Joe brown hwy. To flashing caution light, - turn right, go approx. 5.5 miles to intersection of Davis creek road and Beaverdam road. (Davis Creek road is way to Tellico) take left road, which is Beaverdam road. Approx. 3.8 miles to large JEEP sign on right. Turn right cause u r here
======================

Remember that last right turn on Davis Creek that takes you all the way in to Tellico? Just don't make the turn; stay on the main road and keep going. Go another 4 miles and you are at the camp.

Gerald, would it be easier for me to meet ya'll at the camp ground? or at the trail head and also, at what time? Since I am coming up on Sat. morning.

Everyone can start calling me "One Day" cause that is the only amount of time I spend wheeling on these trips!!!

Also, I should be gettin sliders made and put on within the next 2 days.

Originally posted by Josh Adams
Also, I should be gettin sliders made and put on within the next 2 days.

Cuttin' it a little close there, no? :p :D

Josh, I am fairly certain that we'll want to be at the south paypost by 9am at the latest; and the campground is only 4 miles north of the Davis Creek turn into Tellico. Why not just drive the extra four miles and meet us early in camp? I'll have coffee ready :)

Yeah! Get those sliders on!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, bring some local beer so we can try some new stuff ;)

Randall has requested some local brews and I am too new to the area to know of any. What are some good local Georgia/Carolina brewskis? Are there any?

Back