Tellico Nov 2nd - 3rd | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico Nov 2nd - 3rd

This trip sounds like it will be lots of fun.

Hopefully I'll have some more mods done to my Ex by then, but I think I still might not qualify for "lil puppy".

Just wondering, are there any passenger seats I can nab for the trail rides? I'd be willing to make the trip up there if someone would be so kind as to drive me around on the trails :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I emailedCrawford's Campground for a resv so we'll see when he returns my email.

I don't know how many open seats we will have. Are Rick and I the only ones driving? My son will be with me but I still have a back seat open. I don't know how much fun you'll have looking out of the back seat but I'll carry anyone esle who is interested in coming. Also I may not run one of the afternoons - I would like to ride with a BigDawg on Trail 2 to see how tough it is before I try it myself.

Sitting in a backseat is better than sitting at home :)

If no one has any front seats available, would I be able to take you up on that offer?

Is the staging area close to crawfords?

Open seats

I think my seat is taken (back seats are folded down for spare parts storage:D). If it turns out to be open, it will be available to who ever gets in first. :rolleyes:

Rick

"If" I am able to come, I may have one seat.

I still won't be sure if I can come for a few weeks, so I don't want to ask anybody to make special plans on my accord (yet :D ).

I will let everybody know when I'm sure if I can go or not, and I'm just going to hope there will be a seat I can ride in :)

diablo5969,
I still won't be sure if I can come for a few weeks, so I don't want to ask anybody to make special plans on my accord (yet ).

I will let everybody know when I'm sure if I can go or not, and I'm just going to hope there will be a seat I can ride in

Well if everyone shows up like they are saying they will I am sure that someone will need a winch-cable puller(oh, I mean have a seat open for a passenger)

If Jess was not coming then I would let ya ride, but yes to my amazement she wanted to come in.
SWEET, I think she is really starting to enjoy our crazy hobby.

Ken C

i still plan on making the trip to ride along with someone. looks like dave would be the only open front seat if he can make it. i know beggers (me) can't be choosers, but i don't want to ride in the backseat. ya can't see anything back there!
as this event comes closer can yall update on who's coming and whose seat is available please? it looks like my fall offers two options... riding along as passenger at tellico or driving uwaharrie. i'd rather go to tellico, but if there are no seats available, i will have to make plans otherwise. i appreciate all you guys offering your seats and for being willing to shuttle us little guys through the trails.

i know i can't handle those trails so i'm not gonna consider that as an option. my little truck would be destroyed!

oh yeah, i'm planning on camping. do i need to make reservations for this?

I am going to look at my schedule this week and talk to the wife and see if I will be able to make it or not. So I should know soon.

I am going just to check out the modded ex's, I can hike it alittle and be happy to take photo's, mine is all stock, and a daily driver so I am not looking to be a burden, or tear up my ex. Will probably play a little in the beginning but that's about it. Will not be camping, I will be staying in lake city and drive down on saturday, have to drive back to jackson on sunday. :(

Okay Rick and I are confirmed at Crawford's Campground. Dead Link Removed Yes it is close. The last eastern turn to Tellico is on Davis Creek Rd (that's the last turn out of Murphy that ends up going all the way to the south post gate/staging area). Instead of turning east on Davis Creek Rd you stay straight on the main road and go north less than 4miles until you see a big white J**p sitting up on top of a flagpole; that's the entrance. He's still got sites available; Rick and I will be at an improved one w/elec & water. Primitive sites are only $6.50/night.

I'll have room for three in my back seat and anyone that wants to join is welcome, though like Jason said, I'm not sure how much fun a backseat is. However, there are so many major obstacles at Tellico that an awful lot of time is spent outside of the vehicle that you'll still see plenty, and surely at all of the fun spots.

If a couple of near-stockers want to take the opportunity to join and ride along, I will slightly change my plans to show them what they will be getting into on Trails 3,4,6, and 8 for a possible future run. However, my main goal this trip (if I get the 35's and rocksliders installed in time) is to run Slickrock. After that, I don't care what else I do so I don't mind being a tourguide for possible future participants, like I did for Josh Adams on the last trip. Sometime in the near future I want to ride along with a BigDawg on Trail 2 to scout it out before deciding if I'll try it myself, but I can put that off this trip if near-stockers need me to do the same thing for them so they can learn if they can come next time out.

Exploder-1, sorry, but there's no such thing at Tellico as "will probably play a little in the beginning but that's about it" - once you are on a trail, it gets real serious real fast and you are committed. If you have a stocker, I strongly suggest you ride along first with one of us the first day and then decide if you want to "play a little" the next time. Ask Josh Adams who joined us last time.

How about a headcount? Who is sure that you will be there, and will you be driving or riding?

I have some questions, if you wouldn't mind Gerald:

Depending on how the mods are coming along, I might be interested in a near-stocker run. However, I would hate to impose on you, if you'd rather be running the trails with people your own level.

If I'm not driving, I'll take a back seat if there aren't any fronts available.

If I am driving, I want to clarify: this isn't an official ECX run, is it?

I am not sure if I will be going, and probably still won't be sure for another couple weeks. If I wait that long, will it be too late to make camping reservations? I checked out that website, Crawford's looks pretty nice.

Now I'm just really hoping that I can go! It's so exciting!

ooo...ooooo... can i come too?

Do ya'll think I can make it? JK. This pic is actually at the bottom of upper 2. It's real fun, real hairy, and real short. I want to go up next time, as the rocks that aren't shown were a lot of fun. Coda
pLIMjTYoDgms-StSZVts9H4JG+kus1tU0180.jpg

Gerald is 100% correct about playing around thing at the beginning of the trails. The only place you could probably play around at, is Fain's Ford, but you have to get through some stuff before you get there. There is no place to turn around on about 99.9% of the trails. They are all tight trails, not really big enough for a 3-point turn.

I have kept my eye on this thread and am still undecided on if I can make it up there or not. But if I do come, I would more than likely be a photographer;).

And just incase some of the guys are wanting to walk along side on the trails, I have to tell you, you will be VERY tired at the end of the day. I recall Gerald, Michael, and Randall being exhousted after their Saturday experience the last time. And after we climbed up Slick Rock on Sunday, I was about to pass out. It is very steep in places, so walking I suggest be a LAST of all the options. Plus, there will probably be about 10 miles or more of trails being done in one day.

Hey Gerald, do you need a place to install your sliders at. If so, I extend an invitation to use my garage at my house to do so. I even have a Saws-all if you are wanting to do some trimming for the 35's. Just let me know. Just so long as its not on Oct. 12, any other time should be fine.

a pic of my buddy offrhoder4x4's EX, ya'll should like it

any comments MR. Offrhoder4x4??

attachment.php3

Yeah, it's stock

EDITTED TO SAY: Gee, I might be able to make this one, but I gotta see if I get a job I'm after. You see my rig above, I'll cruise up any of the trails down there.

offrhoder who's ur winch *****?!?! :D :rolleyes: yea i'm here too:rolleyes:

later yall

Man, this is getting confusing! There are several new people posting to this thread. I agree with Gerald on needing to know who is going.

diablo5969, why do you ask if this an "Official" ECX run? I can tell you it is not. However, it is an official CNC 4X4 run (at least that is who is planning the run from my end). Without getting into all the politics :confused: that we normally get into. There are certain requirements to meet to run with the CNC group. They are very similar to those of this "club". And before anyone gets wrapped around the axle about who can go, who can't go, it's a "free country", they can't stop me :mad: and on and on. It's the same as it always is if you or your rig doesn’t meet the requirements you can't "officially" go on the ride. It does not, in any way stop you from ridding the trails in front or behind or beside or on top or under or the opposite way (I think I covered all the angles). Well I tried not to get into "all the politics", but didn't make it. :D I guess someone had to stir this pot ;).

To see (if you so desire) the trail requirements of CNC 4X4 you can go to Dead Link Removed

WOW, now that that is out of the way let's get back to hav'n fun!! WHOO HOO TELLICO!!!

Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

apology

diablo5969,

Before I get into more trouble than I already am...:D The reply to your question was not directed AT you. Your question just sparked a thought that I thought needed raising. I hope it didn't sound like I'm being an a**:(. I hope everyone that can make it comes:p ! We can generally find a seat for everyone!

Rick

Back