Tellico Nov 2nd - 3rd | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico Nov 2nd - 3rd

Originally posted by GJarrett
How about a headcount? Who is sure that you will be there, and will you be driving or riding?
I am sure that I will not be there on that weekend :(
Depending on what the different stock-ridalongers ;) think after they have seen the "real world", we can decide later on, if we want to organise an easier run for mildly modified vehicles or not.

Have fun, over and end :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok thought I would update again.

Yes I am going to be at Tellico w/ Jessica and Jewel(my dog)for sure.

As of right now I know there are about 6 vehicles from CNC going, with many more undecided.

I also just found out last night that a few of my freinds that are not part of the CNC club will be there ready to ride.
They are in Zuk on 33's,CJ on 37's, and YJ on 36's.

So yes we are planning on running all the hard trails.
We would like to run Guard rail, helicopter pad, Peckerwood(the ledge), and then lower 2.

Part of the reason for this is because everytime we have gone in the past we have not had a chance to run these trails completely.
either came down the trails, trails were to busy, or someone Broke.

So we are going to try once again to run these specific trails, and if we have time we will run other stuff also.

Ken C

Gerald, Josh
Thanks for the warning, I was going by the legend that cnc posted. It shows trail one, four, and eight okay for stockers, but may not be. As far as playing, I meant at the staging area, I have no intentions of wrecking my ex, or wrecking the fun for anyone else, I will probably just show up to check out rides, and meet some explorer enthusiast. I can play back in Norris where it is safe for stockers:D But come next spring I will be ready to run with you, parts wise I am about half way there.

how far is Telico from Pa?

You can get a pretty good idea by looking for Murphy N. Carolina, somewhat close to chattanooga, on the Carolina side.

Ken, see you there. Where are you guys staying at?

ya'll tryin to camp out there, i'm down. i've got my stock explorer here in boone with me so i wouldn't be able to hit any trail above a 3 or 3.5 but i'm not scared of any damage. just get the dates straight on the lil' pup run and i'll be comin down the mountian. might bring some friends from up here, watch their blazers bog down.

Rick,

Don't worry, no offense was taken at your statement. I know what you mean, and I've seen many threads go that way. It's a good thing you put out a general warning.

Actually, the reason I was asking is because if a run is an "official" ECX run, all drivers have to be over 18 years old, compared to if it's not an official ECX run, where there are no age requirements.

I checked the CNC4x4 website, and it said to become a member of CNC you had to be 18 years old. I am not attempting to become a member, per se, and there is a grey area where we can get really political with the semantics, but I won't worry about that yet.

I don't even know if I can come yet or not :confused:

chase.. i think that's more in terms of you taking your vehicle through the trail with the group. riding along would be up to the owner of the vehicle i would think.

ok.. my status...

i know i was giving a definate yes earlier but people were also saying they had plenty of seats open for passengering, and i just assumed that meant good seats! that's my fault. anyway, i'm going to keep watching and hoping someone goes and has a front seat open that i can take. please don't anyone make plans just for that though. if this happens...i will be there saturday only. i plan to drive up and meet people saturday early at the staging area before everyone leaves. is that where i should hook up with you guys? if there are no front seats available, i don't know for sure that i will drive up. call me greedy, but i don't want to drive 2 - 2.5 hours to sit in the back seat or hike alongside the vehicles. i really appreciate everyone's offer, but i have to use my weekends away sparingly. hope no body takes it the wrong way. i'm not saying i'm too good for a back seat.. haha.. just saying that i don't have a lot of weekends to spare and i'd rather go drive in uwaharrie than ride in the back at tellico.
i really want to see the big dawgs handle these trails so i'll keep my eye open and watch for openings.

now my other variable.. the in-laws are coming into town for the sister-in-laws bridal shower that saturday i think. if so, i'll likely come up for saturday no matter where i have to ride, because it will become a free saturday. i hope that's the case. thanks everyone for being patient. i hope its ok that i can't make up my mind.

count me as still about 75% sure i'll be there saturday only and definately as passenger.

sorry for the long post!

Originally posted by jasonb
... call me greedy, but i don't want to drive 2 - 2.5 hours to sit in the back seat or hike alongside the vehicles...
Greedy :p
BTW, don't worry, there are plenty of activities for keeping you from experiencing a boring and wasted weekend: Pulling winch cables, acting as counter-weights, spotting, pushing, pulling, taking pictures and picking up garbage some morons left on the trails, just to name a few. And you are afraid you could waste a weekend? LOL

GJarrett,
Ken, see you there. Where are you guys staying at?

I am staying at Tellico Cabins which you will have to pass to get to the pay post.
KImball is also staying there withhis Unimog

Ya know the brand new cabins, with kitchen, living room, fire place, car port to work under, etcc...
Ya all the good stuff.

Ken C

Originally posted by donkey boy
Greedy :p
BTW, don't worry, there are plenty of activities for keeping you from experiencing a boring and wasted weekend

:D i never said it would be boring!

where would i need to plan on meeting you guys? the staging area? is their parking there for me to leave my little truck? looks pretty good now for me making the saturday trip. it's definately that saturday that the in-laws are in town so i think i'm good to go.

Originally posted by Offrhoder4x4
Yeah, it's stock

EDITTED TO SAY: Gee, I might be able to make this one, but I gotta see if I get a job I'm after. You see my rig above, I'll cruise up any of the trails down there.

Are you guys from the RRORC board? Hope to see you there!

Yeah, we're both from RRORC, STranger is just a webwheeler. :) His transfer case has seized cause it's been un used for so long. I hope to be there. Coda

Tellico

I getting VERY pumped! We are at 30 days and counting.:cool:

Progress has been slow on the sliders, but progressing just the same:D . Still planning on them being on the truck for this trip!

Rick

Well good news.

Just finished welding yesterday on my freinds TJ.
We have converted the rear to an XJ rear leaf spring setup.
Man it looks sweet.
It almost looks factory.

So we now have another TJ-XJ going.

So far I have a head count of like 20 going.

Ken C

Okay I am getting excited

I will have my son for sure and maybe a full Explorer with two other kids and a rather looksome gal in the front seat ;)

Also a 4runner on 33s and an open front may be joining. In addition I just got confirmation from some others that will join us at Crawfords Camp so this looks to be growing into quite an event.

I am thinking maybe Saturday morning that I'd like to warm up going up 6 and going over to Slickrock on 9. I'd like to try 9 the hard way through the rockgarden below Slickrock and then try to tackle Slickrock itself. After that I don't care. I've already run Schoolbus 12 and ridden along to Guardrail on 9. For my fairly stock vehicle, Schoolbus was brutal but I made it. I might be willing to go down Guardrail but that's a pucker moment for sure. The Peckerwood ledge is way over my head and I know it. I still haven't seen anyone make it over without winching. But I'll hang around and take photos to verify you made it if you want to try :cool:

I originally wanted to ride with one of you guys on #2 to see what it is like in order to decide if I would try it next time but if I have a full vehicle I won't be able to do that and will just have to spend my time entertaining my guests instead.

No matter what, I am looking forward to the weekend and anticipate great times on the trails and afterwards at the campfire.

BRUISER, is that you Ken/usa?

Bionc Marsh,
BRUISER, is that you Ken/usa?

Yes it is.

See.
front_flex_uwh.jpg

Ken C
Ya I Know it is not an EX but it is an XJ.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ken,

How did you get hooked up with this site? Could it be you really want an EX? :D

Did you get that little skid plate problem from the Spring Tellico trip worked out?

Rick

Back