Tellico Nov 2nd - 3rd | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tellico Nov 2nd - 3rd

Bionc Marsh.
Ken,
How did you get hooked up with this site? Could it be you really want an EX?

It is because I am not a stuck up Jeep Freak, I think any 4x4 can be great.
Plus in all reality our vehicles are similiar in ways so I look for ideas, oh and I am putting a Ford 9" in the rear soon so I need to learn more about them.

Did you get that little skid plate problem from the Spring Tellico trip worked out?

Ya I have fixed it, I now have a full belly up skid bolted on. I should have no more problems with it now.

Ken C

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

shh.gif
Nice having a fellow Jeeper on board
grinyes.gif

Well we had some bad news and had to fly to TX on the 4th and just got back this past Sunday. I got back to work in my sliders tonight, I still hope to have them on in time for this trip!

T E L L I C O!!!!!!!!

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, I almost forgot. I'll be ride'n with a new Centerline Duel Friction clutch very soon!:D

TV Trivia; Who made that sound (Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh) and what show was it?

Rick

Jeep?

No offense, but how do you register a jeep on a explorer site, seems to goofy for me. I will not be at Tellico for the above reasons.:(

Re: Jeep?

Originally posted by EXPLODER-1
No offense, but how do you register a jeep on a explorer site, seems to goofy for me.

Because, to paraphrase what Ken just said, we are not stuck up Explorer Freaks. I have little respect for some of the attitudes I find on the trail embracing the "my vehicle brand is great and all others like yours suck". So it would be just a little bit hypocritical to take that attitude on myself. I've had the most fun wheeling with Explorers and enjoy being different on the trail but I've also had a lot of fun running with good people driving other makes too
If someone admits he drives another model on this board, that's a pretty poor reason to ban them. :rolleyes: Talk to moderators Matt and Tom now. They don't own Explorers anymore either, LOL :D

Don't think they should be banned, I have also owned other vehicles other than ford including a jeep, actually think jeeps are cool, you can do lot's of mods to them. I just think they should leave make and model blank if it's not a ford, I thought this was a site with the intention of bringing ford enthusiasts together, as well as mazda's. Otherwise this becomes a general offroad site allowing toyota, nissan,chevy, etc owners topost taking away the direction that this site was intended. As far as stuck up, not me I enjoy every type of motorsports out there, and really don't think anyone make of vehicle is better than the other. That's all relative to what type of mods, and what a person uses their vehicle for. When it comes to nascar, I am a diehard DODGE fan. So not to show anyone disrespect, just felt that being apart of this site, meant being apart of a group that shared same interest.:(

No offense but....

I'm sorry I mentioned it on this list. Ken and I are in the same 4x4 club (off this pretty much virtual "site" ) and I have been wheel'n with all non-Ford (Mazda)s until last year. Come on light'n up for the most part it's just a bunch of people look'n to have a good time.;)

Well, here I go again stir'n the proverbial pot! But it's so easy to do from a key board.:D

Rick

PS. "Can't we all just get along?"
PSS. Looks like I will have an empty "front" seat and it is open to ANYone.

EXPLODER-1,
No offense, but how do you register a jeep on a explorer site, seems to goofy for me.

No Offense taken.

But it is pretty simple just click the Dead Link Removed button.

I will not be at Tellico for the above reasons.

All I have to say is that I think that is not a very smart decision. You will be missing out on a lot of nice built up rigs(EX's or XJ's).

But hey since this ride was organized by myself and my freind Scott from our 4x4 club then I guess it really does not matter because we are going no matter what.

Have a Great Day

KeN C

I thought I will not post my .02 centimes because it's pretty O/T but ...

Explorer1: The reason I'm still here 1 1/2 years after I sold my Ex. is that the Explorerforum really is a great board and that I would call many members here my friends, no matter whether I have met them personally or not. Why giving up friendships, just because I changed the brand of my rig?

I have been with my Jeep on runs organized by the Explorerforum. If the organizers would have preferred keeping it Ford only, I would have not taken any offence, would have parked my Jeep and ridden along with somebody. On the other hand, it was nothing but natural for me to park my rig out of sight for the group picture. I will be on an other Explorer run coming up in some weeks. But again: I asked if they mind a Jeep, and the answer was no.

Vis versa it's the same: We had a run from a Jeep board some moths ago and a member of the Explorer Forum came along with his tricked out Ex. Everybody was happy to have him and the interest in his rig was about as big as in the Jeeps.

I think there is no need to be sneaky and hide the true identity. I personally prefer if somebody is clear up front, even if he/she is a ricer or treehugger. This makes an open discussion a lot easier than when somebody stirs up the pot incognito :D

And now, let's return to the original topic, which is a run at Tellico and which by the way I'm unable to attend. So with no risk running into donkey jeeper, you really should change your decision and join the gang ;)

rock.gif
Peace

donkey boy

My apologies, my choosing not to go wasn't based on you, not knowing the history of those posting here, I should have kept quiet, anyway as far as this trip I am way out classed in the ability of my ex, and will wait till next time when I can wheel with you. And would be proud to be the winch mule for anybody here that needed one. So I will now crawl back under my rock for a while.

Oh, one last post here.
All those going please post pictures!!

Re: donkey boy

Originally posted by EXPLODER-1
My apologies...
No need to :D Your opinion as as valuable as my or anybody else's point of view.
BTW, the next run I was referring to is at GWNF, close to Harrisonburg, VA. I guess it would be a little over 4 hours drive from Knoxville. Trails are easy and suitable for stockers or near-stockers. You might wanna give it a thought ...

That would be good, but I have all ready used all my vacation time this year:( I will have to wait till after first of year before I can plan any trips.

It looks official now, I have an empty "front" seat. ANY takers?

Rick

Put me down for now.

I'm not absolutely positive if I can come, but I should know by the end of the weekend.

Thanks! :)

Sorry it took me so long to get back on here.

It looks like I will not be able to make it on this trip. Hopefully the next one.

Thanks for the offer of the front seat, Rick. I guess it's back up for grabs for whoever wants it.

Sorry about that.

Have fun guys!

diablo5969

Sorry you are not going to make it.

My update;

I have mounted my sliders. I will re-install the fuel tank tonight (if no rain:() and the truck should be ready to go. Then it goes to the garage to have the Center Force installed Monday.

I'll be leaving here Thursday afternoon and driving to Hickory NC. If I can get my lazy butt in gear early, I'll be in Murphy by noon. Hope to hook up with others for a afternoon ride. :D

Ride all day Saturday.

Ride until early afternoon Sunday, then drive back to Hickory. Need to be home fairly early on Monday evening.

Rick

I went off-roading this past weekend with some buds in Warrenton VA...I am lookin to take some trips cuase i think my truck its comin along and want to tackle some good trails...it did well this past weekend, course I think the weight difference of mine to his CJ hurt me some (including making me slide down into the deepest part of the sunken mud parts of this trail when we tried to stay in the shallower part) you guys are east coast guys for the most part...im lookin to offroad somewhere, do I need to get in a club or somethin? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Peter
you guys are east coast guys for the most part...im lookin to offroad somewhere, do I need to get in a club or somethin?

You should look into joining the Dead Link Removed.

Back