temp for waxing? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

temp for waxing?

I tried a search on this site, and a few wax sites, but what is the coldest it could be before you can wax your car/truck? The cold winter hit before expected here, and I haven't gotten a chance to wax both my vehicles before winter yet. I plan to use Zymol. It doesn't say anything on the bottle. The last time I waxed, was in June. Can I wax in 45-50 degree weather, and just wait longer for "setting" or curing time? Or should I just use spray on protectants/waxes at the do-it-yourself car washes until it gets warmer? You opinons are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try a test area to see how long it takes. I wouldn't think anything less then 32 degrees would create any problems.

I also need to do this and I live in Upstate NY area. Its been cold and rainy on the weekends.

Try to do it in the 50's. The best condition is 65-70 degrees.

Why I love my job.
Just pull it in the shop , turn on the heater , go nuts.
Just today I did that. I did not wax it but I just washed it. Too bad not every body has this luxury. I am just thankful that I do.

It was too sunny and hot to wax outside today, had to go in the garage.

Thanks for all the advice, and thanks for to "rub it in" aldive. Here in KC, we've been in the 40s, and have only seen the sun once in the last 12 days. I might as well live in Seattle. It supposed to be sunny, and get back into the 60s this week. That should be good waxing weather.....

Originally posted by aldive
It was too sunny and hot to wax outside today, had to go in the garage.
Man , sucks to be you ;)

Back