Temporary lost communication with climate control? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Temporary lost communication with climate control?

Zacmaxx

Reaction score
City, State
Baxter
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 ford explorer xlt
Can someone tell me about this? Everything works on the touch screen other then the bottom right climate part. The climate and radio panel is black none of that will work. I just took a fuse out bc its blowing out hot air. Can someone please help me with this? I got a feeling it wont be cheap to fix so im gonna try ro do this myself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Zacmaxx.:wave:
You can try a Master Reset and if that doesn't work, you can try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for about 10 minutes. Reconnect and see if that helped. You will lose some memory settings doing this. If the problem still exists you may have a faulty APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) which is the 'brains' of the MFT. The APIM has a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty and is located under the dash.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum Zacmaxx.:wave:
You can try a Master Reset and if that doesn't work, you can try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for about 10 minutes. Reconnect and see if that helped. You will lose some memory settings doing this. If the problem still exists you may have a faulty APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module) which is the 'brains' of the MFT. The APIM has a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty and is located under the dash.

Peter
I have tried all of that so I guess i will take it to the dealership and hope thats what it is.. thank you

Welcome to the Forum Jessfowler112.:wave:

Peter

Back