Terrible City Mileage?!?!? Please Help.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Terrible City Mileage?!?!? Please Help..

No idea what that is. It revved up to over a 1000rpm when i started it once it got warm out and when i cleaned the maf and egr it made it worse (no i didnt mess up the sensor in the maf). Now it goes up to like 1200 and sits for about a minute before dropping down to about 800. Also where is the fuel filter on these things and what kind of plugs should i use? People have been offering suggestions but not really answering my questions LOL.

The fuel filter is on the driver's side frame rale.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey whats up Sarasota FL? lol I lived around that area half my life, very nice place. Thanks man!

go with motorcraft spark plugs, how's your air filter?

Fuel filter is under the driver side door on the frame rail. You need a snap tool to release the snap on lock on both sides. Make sure you release the fuel pressure first.

Whats a snap tool?? Could i just go to autozone and ask for it?? And whats the best way of releasing the pressure before i start fooling with it??

How far can will the gauge go, b4 it's too low? is there a "gas" light when it gets to 2-3 gallons?....i haven't let it passed 1/4 yet....still getting used to the gauge.

What is DPFE? Just bought a '99 sohc and it gets 17 int town and close to 20 on the hwy. I still like to get it a bit better, went from Honda CRV w/manual trans so it's taking a bit of getting used to chatting with my gas station owner so much.

mkrucejr - I assume you mean the gas guage. There is a light that comes on. You probably have 2-3 gallons left at that point. Live a little!

Back