Testing.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Testing....

I am trying to attatch a picture here using my folder on my schools network as the hosting site for the picture. If it works, you'll see a pic of my explorer, if it doesn't work, then this will just be a stupic post. So here goes:

yosh18981898 said:
I don't want to do a body lift because it would make the nerf bars look goofy and the short throw shifter I want to get wont work with a body lift.

Yeah, i remember seeing your bumper for sale Xkid. If you lived closer I probably would have made you an offer on it. I really like the looks of it. I am planning on taking some ideas from it for when I build mine.

Lose the Nerf bars, they are jsut gunan get hung up and bent up if you do any type of offroading, and i dont see that they are nessecary unless oyu are liek 3'4" especially since your Explorer is Stock Heigth....

And with a body lift your shifter woud leb short throw, well sorta, it would be 3" shorter :p :D

My girlfriend said that she'd only let me lift it if I kept the nerfs. Actually they've held up just fine through all the off-roading I've done. (which is pretty much mudding, climbing hills through the woods, crossing creeks, etc).

I'm thinking about beefing the nerfs up and making brackets to get them to sit higher for a body lift. But then again I still have to solve the problem of the shifter....

And then again since this thing is my daily driver, I don't more than 2" of lift and 31s. It still has to be able to contend on the streets, if you know what I mean ;)

If I put the 2" susp. lift and a 3" body lift then I will have to put 33s on it to get it to look proportional. And then I'd have to get 4.56s..... No, this thing has to be my daily driver through the next 3 years of college, so nothing more than 2" and 31s for now. :D

OK so here's a mugshot:

This is my girlfriend, Shannon, and I, in Salt Lake City last summer during the EFCA Nationals conference
SIinSaltLakeCity3.jpg

Back