Texans Invade Tellico: The Aftermath | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texans Invade Tellico: The Aftermath

Originally posted by GJarrett
I wonder what it would take to talk several of the west coasters and others from CO-AZ-UT-CA etc area into coming all the way out here? I was thinking a mid-summer run when it's too hot to wheel out there anyway. This is a long way from there so I doubt it would happen but what great fun if it did.

Well Gerald, If I can get a tow vehicle to pull my rig out there, I would be game. 2004 would be a good time to do it, as I have family plans for next year already brewing. Hmmm I wonder how much a motorhome and trailer would cost to rent for 2wks? Would you say about 3 days to get there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would you say about 3 days to get there?

Probably, to do it at a leisurely pace and enjoy the trip.

after math

I would like to join in next year, my ex should be ready by then, it would be cool to wheel with some experience.

Well then, 2004 it is. . .

Gerald / Rick M / Ray -

I was being facetious when I mentioned "Tellico in 04" :rolleyes: , but why not? I have no idea what my follow-on assignment will be from Korea, but I do know that my Explorer is stored in Norfolk, and regardless where I end up (C'mon Pacific Northwest), I'll have to go to Virginia to pick it up.

Wherever we end up, I plan on doing a "Herc-like" Tour after returning to the States. Needless to say, Tellico tops the list, and depending on where we will next call home, we will meander our way to our next duty station hitting all the great four wheelin' places enroute.

Gerald - I think the "Blue Whale" is stored pretty well. Maybe a new battery and a fluid change should be all I need - - although those 33" MTRs may have dry-rotted - - guess I"ll need to upgrade to those 35"s (with a little fender trimming). :D

Don't need to keep this thread open based on the potential for a future Tellico run in '04, but at least I can live vicariously through you guys back in the States.

Paul
'91 Sport

Re: Well then, 2004 it is. . .

Originally posted by Paul
I do know that my Explorer is stored in Norfolk, and regardless where I end up (C'mon Pacific Northwest), I'll have to go to Virginia to pick it up.
Or you could just give it to me and not worry about it. :)

Or, if you want, I'm sure I could go get it and keep it at my place until you get back. I'd take it wheeling often enough to keep those tires from dry-rotting. :)

Looks like it was a great run! Just wish it was closer!

Re: Re: Well then, 2004 it is. . .

Originally posted by yob_yeknom
Or you could just give it to me and not worry about it. :)

Or, if you want, I'm sure I could go get it and keep it at my place until you get back. I'd take it wheeling often enough to keep those tires from dry-rotting. :)

ANd here I thought you were gonna offer to store it in your garage, not drive it, but run it once a month, change the fluids and wax it, and keep the tires nice and shiny? What the heck?:p

Thanks for the offer . . .

I think she'll do just fine for the time being, thankyewverymuch.

Funny, Rick Morris also volunteered to "watch it" for me, but I'm pretty sure he just wanted to part it out for the Bionic Marshmallow . . . :hammer:

Paul
'91 Sport

Heh, is this planning WAY ahead or what? Ray, according to Mapquest you're 2422 miles from Tellico. That is a heckuva long trip and wouldn't be a "leisurely" three days. I figure four days or a hectic three.

Rick, you sent me an invite to Truckhaven 2003 and this is 1 1/2 years later. Plenty of time to plan :D

Gerald I sent the whole board an invite to T-haven 2003:eek:

Yeah, blew a hole in my ego too, *sniff*, LOL.

Randall and Michael, we were wondering about Lower 2; here's a link on the Pirate board with some pics on 2 :eek: :roll:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77972

Remember our mantra for the next trip.
Sliders, Swampers, Winches
$$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$
e-i-e-i-o
:D

Is that dude standing up behind that rock? ;)
I think I found the problem with the front locker, the cable sheathing had been melted pretty severely so that it no longer provided a constant for the cable to move through. I'll be ordering a new cable, along with the new style shifter, in about 2 weeks. They are currently on backorder :( . I need to find a better place to route the cable. Since I've already got sliders, my mantra is swampers, beadlocks, front diffy and winch, oh my!

<----- Oh yeah, thanks for the new avatar, Gerald ;)

Originally posted by GJarrett
Yeah, blew a hole in my ego too, *sniff*, LOL.

Randall and Michael, we were wondering about Lower 2; here's a link on the Pirate board with some pics on 2 :eek: :roll:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77972

Remember our mantra for the next trip.
$$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$
e-i-e-i-o
:D

Does one third count? Sliders

well I have teh Swampers. Cant use them because I need a

Tranny, front diff, winch, and Sliders.

So I guess that can be my montra.

Well, I won't have swampers, but I will have the sliders (ordered material Thursday):D and I already have the winch!:cool:

T E L L I C O ! ! ! ! ! !

Originally posted by Mudd*****
Is that dude standing up behind that rock?
attachment.jpg

Maybe he's a dwarf.
Or not. :D

Maybe we need to bring more equipment next time before we look at that trail. Regardless of how hard the obstacle looks in the picture or the tricks to make it in the photo, I believe that trail is one sonumagun to run and anyone who can do it is hella 4wheelkool.

i didnt get an invite.... :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back