TEXANS Serious about a Gilmer, Tx. run | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TEXANS Serious about a Gilmer, Tx. run

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Well, the Slabs run seems to have been a success.

Whom would be up for scheduling a run to Gilmer here in the next couple weeks? I am going to plan on making it there and would like to see if any of the Demon4x4 members are up for the run before it gets to cold. Lets throw some dates around if your interested.

TwoTone?
Kris?
Aquaman?
Michael?
Mudd*****?

Anyone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's a link to the Gilmer sight.

Dead Link Removed

I'll come along...I'm not 100% positive because I'm gonna try and change jobs here in the next couple weeks (hate the one I'm at) so we'll have to see. But I'll try to keep a weekend open...

If everyone throws out some dates, and depends on who is willing to join us, we will work something out to where we can have a good showing of Xplorers.

Of course I'm interested

But.... I would say the next 3 weekends are not good for me.
#1 reason - I still don't have a new driver's side driveshaft for my truck. I'm waiting on the next payday, 10/31 for the money to buy it. I could get lucky and get the refund from the Powertrax LockRight that I had to return before then. The new tie rod ends should be going on this week or next weekend.
10/26 - I have to deal with time change on servers here at work and some other configuration stuff.
11/2 & 11/3 - depends on if I get a new driver's side driveshaft installed by then. It will be a slim chance if I have to wait til 10/31 paycheck to order it.
11/10 - My first year wedding anniversary with my wife. I'd like to go out of town to Galveston or S. Padre for this.

I am in (some what)

I just started my new Job this morning and have to have the Green Truck ready by then. So it might need to be more then a couple of weeks. :D

Well then we will look for dates in November then. So everyone that would want to go start throwing out dates that would work for everyone.

Weren't there going to be some folks from even Colorado coming down for the slabs? Just FYI Gilmer is closer if your still interested.

Brian this sounds good and I would love to go to Gilmer some time, but I won't be able to any time soon. I am getting my driveshaft issues sorted out and will be moving and starting a new job in the new few weeks. Maybe after the New Year.

OKay well I missed the slabs. Wouldnt you know it I finally make some progress on my truck because I miss the trailride/roadtrip and BLAMO! driving home Tues from work, lights on (foggy), stereo going, defrost on, heater on, turn signal on, I look down at my tachometer and the damn needle is bouncing with the turn signal and the battery light is coming on real dim. Look at the Volt gage, just above 11 volts. Usually runs at 14.4 at idle.

I pull over, wiggle wires, nothing. Figure it's the Autozone 2 month old alternator, again. LIMP home, thank you OPTIMA! My Optima battery has enough to juice to get me home, about 5 miles in traffic. No lights, no stereo, no heater.....

All day yesterday, remove alternator, have tested, steady 14.4 volts. Swap out battery with boat battery, same, remove alternator wiring harness and rebuild, same ($29). Remove power distribution box and check wiring, same. Complete inspection oof fuse panels, plugs, etc.....same. About 4:30 it is snowing (yesterday) I finally look a little deeper, right where my wiring goes throughthe firewall the alternator wires fused themselves together, lucky it didnt catch fire.
Seems my previsous solder/heat shrink.job on that area didnt hold. I wrapped 3 wires together and the splices on all 3 were in the same spot, seems the heat shrink melted the 3 together. So 15 minute fix with "twist locks" (until I can get in a garage and solder) a jump start and fixed. I am lucky it didn't catch fire!

Now I have to make up 8 hours at work, hense the long expenation. I did however get the transmission mount fixed, had to re-tap two bolts, the 4x4 electric shift motor fixed, and a few other items.
I am VERY excited to have the ARB up front, I am still breaking in the front ring and pinion. She goes in for an alignment today....
Pick up the ARB air compressor on the 31st (paydaY) and then I am good to go.

So who knows! I got my truck alll ready for the Slabs with the deep water stuff and all the other crap caught up to me! hehehehehe...

I wanna build another one!
Glad you guys had a good time and kept the carnage to a min. I will make runs! I will make the trips! I will get to wheel my truck!

So, we gonna try and plan a gilmer run anytime?

i want to go but i got grounded. yes i know its sat a 17 year old got grounded but thats what i get for failing all my claases at the end of the semester. i have a quick question for the texans. since yall go out alot. what places bsides devil den are around san antonio. thanks yall. if we gcould set on up around here itll be almost definate that i can go.

jason

Gilmer

I'm in for sure, my buddy goes there with his jeep club very frequently. If you make a run at gilmer I will definitely show up it isnt to far from me. Let me know. If possible could you make it after the Arizona run, I will be attending that run. I am ready to go to Gilmer any weekend after the Arizona run.

Back