Texas Lost High Way Route 87 | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texas Lost High Way Route 87

I will see what I can find. I will try Lowe's first, I think.

....I called Lowe's and I can get a bundle (they said about 6 logs) for about $3.00. How much do you want me to put on your tab? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well we're here in Friendswood/Clear Lake after a long slow drive, see you all in Galveston. :D

Jeff - :navajo:

KaiserM715 said:
I will see what I can find. I will try Lowe's first, I think.

....I called Lowe's and I can get a bundle (they said about 6 logs) for about $3.00. How much do you want me to put on your tab? :D

Get as much as you can, we need wood for 2 nights, My buddies and I can scrap up 20 bucks to throw in for wood.

The more wood the better, can any one say bonfire?
:D

Jeez. I would so love to do this. Not only have I been away from the forum for a couple of weeks (moving... no not a house... another apartment :( ) but as usual, I'm heavily involved in my church's Christmans musical and we are performing this weekend.

Ah well. I look forward to the pictures. It's always best to see the conditions before trying something with a stocker. Even if your are the Idiot Stocker!!

Just a teaser pic from last night.

I think only Doug and I have carnage from the trip so far. I put Doug's chances at making it back to Louisiana at 50%. :D

Some campfire shenanigans are happening while I type this. :confused:

Attachments

• teaser.jpg
    teaser.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 360

Trip Report

Of course I had a good time, I'm really glad I was able to make it out I just wish I didn't have to leave early. In my usual fashion I drove like a maniac all weekend and managed to sustain a good bit of damage! Friday night when I though my truck was a pre-runner I bombed about 10 miles one direction down the beach being about 60 mph. I managed to jump my truck over 10 ft on more than a couple of occasions (I had the tire tracks to prove it. :p). After driving like an idiot for a while I managed to rip off my flowmaster exhaust, and my remaining rear shock. Some how that night my door handles broke on the drivers side so I had to climb in and out of the window all day saturday. Saturday was alot of fun, Some of us wore hard hats we found washed up on the shore and jeff (SVO) had some fun with silly string. John (johnstone) and I pretty much drove over anything we could find on the beach worthy of our attention. At the end of the day on the way back to camp my t-case took a crap locking up my tires at around 40 mph during a low range, high speed drag race on the beach.

Saturday night is when it got fun... :rolleyes: my friend John who came down with me had a great idea. His idea was to invite this chick down from Louisiana that he knew. I don't remember her name Kayla Kyla, Lil' Miss Jerry Springer? I don't remember. Any way... she has some sort of issue back home that required us to leave. Danny (my other friend who came with me) John and I are all like wtf? so we back up all our crap and Danny and I stall for like an hour. finally she gets pissed off and wants to go even after I told her she should get someone to come pick her up because my truck may not make it home. So we leave, the truck will only move in 2wd so we get stuck, at which point she says maybe we should just stay? I wanted to have Zav's GF (sorry I forgot your name) kill her and make her disapear. After some discussion and getting the explorer unstuck we leave.

We make it to Winnie where I have to stop for fuel where she tells me she told John that we should have stayed the night because we don't know if my truck will make it home. She was babbling on the phone for about half the trip home, her converstions where so retarted that I wasn't sure if I wanted to just roll the window down and throw her out at 60 mph or just jam a screw driver in my ears and cause my self to go deaf. We made it back and after some more discussion (read: her saying I want to go here, no wait I want to there) I dropped her stupid ass off, unpacked my crap and went to bed.

Other than all that again I had a great weekend, sorry it had to end early for us. I wish I could have stayed last night but it's probably better i dropped that dumbass off and you all didn't have to deal with her whining all night. I've never met this chick before in my life, she's John's friend, and I will never let him for get this. :D

Pics to follow!

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 333
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 335
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 333

Attachments

• Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 345
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 345
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 341

Here I am in my cool guy sunglasses and hard hat.
As you can see all the cool people wore hardhats this weekend

Attachments

• Picture 025.jpg
    Picture 025.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 329
  • Picture 026.jpg
    Picture 026.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 334
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 342

sdfg

Attachments

• Picture 032.jpg
    Picture 032.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 328
  • Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 340
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 335

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 332

Doug said:
..... I don't remember her name Kayla Kyla, Lil' Miss Jerry Springer? I don't remember. ....

Nice pix Doug...was that chick related to the MPB??? :D

{in a Kenny Chesney voice}

She thinks my Sport Trac is Sexy!

4107sexy_sport_trac.jpg

Shenanigans!

Attachments

• 12100040.JPG
    12100040.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 12100038.JPG
    12100038.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 12100035.JPG
    12100035.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 410

Here's just a few, I'll up load the rest tomorrow, tired and need to unpack the rig. :cool:

I'll prolly sit and watch the video tonight.

Attachments

• doug damage.jpg
    doug damage.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 310
  • rubirob.jpg
    rubirob.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 329
  • teaser3.jpg
    teaser3.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 314

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well BRANDY (just for you Doug) had some really bad ass pics but we lost the digital somewhere in a three mile range or so. No luck in the truck and were pissed about it. There were a lot of shenangans this trip and for yall just to know my E brake works. Well glad yall made it home safely as we did. And Doug if you bring misses I think I'm prettier then I really am, Little Miss Jerry Springer, what ever else you wanna call her were all and I speak for everyone that went....were gonna kick your ass. :D :D

Back