Texas Slabs run Aug. 15th

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Thats right. After a great time in Gilmer we have decided to make a run for the slabs before it is illegal to run there.
It looks like Aug 15th and 16th is good for everyone as it is payday for most of us. Who can join in on the last explorer outing at the slabs? :cool:
Bring all ideas to the table now so we can work this trip out in record time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would love to go to the slabs....never been. how far from dallas... further then gilmer? and as usual, i will be hitching a ride at the slab... mine is not equip yet for anythign. i dont think aussie locer is popping up a product for our rear 8.8 anytime soon. but.. if anyone... and i mean anyone has an old locker or trac loc laying around in the garrage...i will get rid of it for u.
so, i am in... probably drive up friday night like this last trip.

Swak That sounds like a plan since your our camera man. You dont want to sink your 2wd in the river anyways. I dont think the wife would like that to much.
I need to get my extra set of Warn hubs in and replace then I am ready. Oh, It out past Austin so a little further than Gilmer.
I think we should all Hotel it Friday night then get up early and drive to the slabs. We can then camp on Saturday night and leave Sunday

holy cow..that far? dang.... then count me as a maybe then. lol...

Ok explorer people, we need a better response than this!

ok.... cant go on the 15-16. short staff here that day. maybe the following weekend?

15th is better for me as it is payday and all.

Same here!

I knew you guys were going to have this run when Chris said that they are closing the slabs in the Gilmer thread. Which makes me really angry cause I wont be n Texas until the 28th so I hope you guys have fun on the last run to the slabs:(

I'd love to get out to the Slabs, but I spent all my dough getting ready for Gilmer. Plus, we're planning a road trip up to Colorado at the end of the month (no, not in BamBam). I'd better opt out of this one. :(

No excuses, this is the last run at the Slabs ever! Put some effort into this one, we want a big turnout!!!

I am going to try to be there on the 15th. I but I would say the 22nd or 29th might be better for me since I have to pull my Tranny before going..

I will do whatever it takes to pull this run off, you know I'm there, sick or not sick, even if I have to submerge the GT I'll be there!

I have had way too much fun at this place to see it pass me by with out one more fair well run to let it rest in peace for the enviromentlists!

May the fish flourish! :mad:

Till that day.......................

Attachments

• dsc00414.jpg
    dsc00414.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 436

I'd like to go. Thats the weekend of my first truck payment, so I will have to see if I can stretch some funds. Probably won't be too bad, seeing as I will be working SA, and they will be paying expenses, and I could probably save some money for gas.

It will be hard for me to make it also but I am going to be there. If we wait till the last weekend I know it will be crowded out there. Therefore I think the 15th is the best option. Thats 2 weeks to prepare.

BRING IT.....................

Originally posted by WannaBTrckmagik
...this is the last run at the Slabs ever...
Last EVER?? Oh, man. I thought it was just a seasonal thing. That sucks. Hmmm.... thinking thinking, how can I pull this off. I donno if I can, but I'll sure see what I can pull together.

Originally posted by DarkMan
Last EVER?? Oh, man. I thought it was just a seasonal thing. That sucks. Hmmm.... thinking thinking, how can I pull this off. I donno if I can, but I'll sure see what I can pull together.

Yea, they finally passed a law that effects that river, along with a coupla others. No vehicles are allowed to play in it. Something the EPA had a hand in.

I know we have alot more Texas folks. Anything is possible even if you can only make it as a day trip. The slabs cost you nothing except the gas getting there and while there. You camp for free. So the money issue wont really work this time around.

Who all is in. I will start a list.

Been debating this.......

Ok, I'm chancing something major will break by me saying this :p, but I'd like to make a run sometime before I die, lol... But I'm not sure how I am on proper supplies. I was working on that before the Always 4 Light Driving tranny decided it didn't like me... I can probably squeeze together some stuff, but money is tight.. We'll see though! (And if something does happen, think I can hitch a ride with anyone?)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come on folks, it's the last time we'll be able to wheel at the Slab's, let's have a great turn out so it can go out in style, and that's right the only thing it will cost you is the gas there and back and whatever you eat, other than that it's free!

I know I'm really strapped for cash right now, but I'm doing whatever it takes to pull this off, just because this is one great place to wheel and it's a shame that we won't be able to go there anymore. :(

If you are looking on a map, goto Georgetown on I-35 just north of Austin, then go about 35 miles west on HWY 29 to Burnett, it's basically at the junction of HWY 29 and HWY 1431.

If some of you guys coming from Dallas/Ft Worth area want to meet up like Msupertek and Mudduck did I live right close to I-35 and we can caravan from there, I'm at exit 328 on I-35 in Hewitt, a community just on the south side of Waco.

FYI If you haven't been before, bring your portable shade, your SPF 1,00,000,000,000 and LOTS of water, the reflection of the sand and water will bake your arse!

One of the things I'll miss the most is how well the Slab's will clean the bottom of your truck, I mean spotless clean!!! :D

Back