Texas Slabs run Aug. 15th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texas Slabs run Aug. 15th

SVO, Help me get this around in all the other threads. We need a turnout and so far were not getting it.
Where is Msupertek, Gofast, Michael, Mudd*****, Etc We need to know whom is coming?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A huge turnout is in need most definately!

bump

The slabs are calling all Ford Explorers. Lets camp and wheel. Once again your only cost is your fuel and food.

Randall if yours isnt working bring your better halfs Explorer :)

Can we do a bulk PM to all the Texas peeps?

Great big I don't know or me and Randall. We have issues to get worked out on his Ex to even get the tranny in gear, let alone keeping it from puking from the stress of sand driving. If I come it will be just for the day on Sat.

Well then plan on just coming for the day on Saturday Michael. Its not a official run w/out the Red Bull there. So come on with it. Randall can ride shotgun with you, although Dina will be dissappointed.

Depending on my scheduel this week I am planning to pull my Tranny but I dont know how soon I can get her back on the Road.

Dont you have two 4wd Explorers :)

Shouldn't the date be Aug. 16th? Or are you talking about going down on Friday night and camping?

Anywho, my oldest daughters 12th birthday is on the 15th. Somehow I doubt that she wants to spend it at the Slabs.
Plus, I don't know if I'll have parts for the Sport Trac by then, and NO I'm not wheeling the new Limited even though it has AWD. It's too pretty right now to drive it through water and deep sand and rocks. It has no scratches that I've seen yet.

I'm out...

Way to busy this month. It was a killer though, the last run.

Anyway, I have Volunteer commitments that I can not possible get out of from the 11th to the 18th. I have to sell Hot Dogs and Beer and the Rough Riders complex. It will pay for my Daughters Soccer Dues ( over 3K for the year ).

I have qualifying tournament the weekend after.

The real killer is...The broken truck.

I still need to T/S the starting system. Why wont it start?

The replace the passenger side spicer. Yep the one with a clip holding it in the D35. Not excited about that one. Not with 106 degree days and a truck to big to fit in the garage.

Hopefully I can make some of the runs in Sept.

Rob

Okay, So we have a couple obstacles to get around? Thats okay. I will probably stay in Round Rock on Friday night then drive to the Slabs on Saturday morning.
Where do you guys want to meet at on Sat. morning?

Lets get this worked out then the rest should all fall into place.

I still need to T/S the starting system. Why wont it start?

Will is start if you turn the key to the on position and bridge the solenoid with a screwdriver? This was a problem with mine for a while and it was the factory alarm starter kill. The alarm would not shut off and I had lost the key fob. The guys at TAG spliced around the alarm control box on the solenoid signal wire. Works fine now. Could also be a bad starter or solenoid. I've seen um die suddenly. If you need wrench help, Randall and I would be happy to come up one weekend.

I'll give it a try tonight....

I'll try the solinoid bypass tonight or tommorrow. Got mucho soccer activities with kids tonight. It's been a long time since jumped the solinoid. Need to psych myself up for the sparks.

I'll call if I need help wrenching. I really appreciate the offers.

Thanks Rob

Yes but the Navajo is some what retired...

Originally posted by Trckmagik
Dont you have two 4wd Explorers :)

Re: I'll give it a try tonight....

Originally posted by Gofast

I'll call if I need help wrenching. I really appreciate the offers.

You know I'll help! ;)

ttt

Hmm......

You know, I have to be in Austin Labor Day weekend too. I may try and make a quick run out there then too....

Don't hold me to this, but since I have to be there for the Soccer Tournament maybe I can sneek in a quick run too?

But first, Get it started. Tonight the big screwdriver comes out and we will see if it's the solinoid or starter.

Thanks Rob

Rob, I am having some people over tonight for hamburgers, hotdogs, and Beer. Your welcome to come over and eat if the family is doing something else and you can get away for a minute. Get that truck started and come over the back way. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Send me the directions..

PM me with the directions asnd a contact number. Most likely I will be Mountain Biking if it is not to wet. I'm supposed to compete in a killer 84 mile ride in October, so I am trying to get my milage up. All this getting in shape stuff is a lot of work now. It was much easier 20 years ago.

Thanks Rob

Back