Texas Slabs run Aug. 15th | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Texas Slabs run Aug. 15th

I hear ya. I used to ride with the Wheels in Motion group years ago. Its not as easy anymore. I just bought Dina and I new mountain bikes. We ought to ride sometime soon. You have PM

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: Hmm......

Originally posted by Gofast

Don't hold me to this, maybe I can sneek in a quick run too?

But first, Get it started. Tonight the big screwdriver comes out and we will see if it's the solinoid or starter.

***grabs Rob by the throat and pins him to the floor and threatens him with a screw driver!*** :p

Ok, so I do actually want to make a run.. Anyone got plans on where to meet up or stay overnight?

I'm not sure if I can attend this run so soon, If my rollcage is done which it probably will be, I will probably come out with ya for Saturday only.

Here is how the cage is looking to far.
9352r1-med.jpg

9352r2-med.jpg

bump

Originally posted by dejello
bump

Drove right by you Saturday on my way back from Houston, we waved! :bounce:

Ooooooh! now if I can just make some time to get my new goodies on.............. Oooops! did I say that?

No! no! no! I'm still and idiot stocker, never mind what you think you read! hahahhaha!

Msupertek wanna step up the time to meeting me at 6:00am at exit 328 (Hewitt), you said last time it only took you a hair over and hour to get to me.

That way we get a whole/full day of wheeling, I was planning on leaving from the Slab's very late afternoon on Saturday, so if we get there early we can do a lot of wheeling, plus are you bringing your better half, SVT Girl wanted someone to hang out with.

I am still planning on being there also. I havent decided whether I am coming up Friday night or leaving early Saturday morning. Where are you guys meeting on Saturday morning. I will be coming from Dallas.

Originally posted by SVO
Drove right by you Saturday on my way back from Houston, we waved! :bounce:

What??? Hmmmm.... *tries to remember if/when he was driving, doesn't have clue, lol* I was probably off in lala land :p

Anyway, I was able to get friday off though I still haven't decided when I'll be coming.. Never been to the slabs and it's been a while since I've even been out that way, so if I could meet up with someone it'd help me out :)

My Trans is out and I am taking it to my rebuilder tomorrow.

Originally posted by dejello

Never been to the slabs and it's been a while since I've even been out that way, so if I could meet up with someone it'd help me out :)

Ok, for everyone that will be coming from Bryan College Station/Houston you can meet us at I-35 and HWY 29 in Georgetown just north of Austin at about 7:00 - 7:30am.
Should only take us about an hour or so to get to Georgetown.

Then we will be heading west to Burnet/HWY 1431

Attachments

• georgetown.gif
    georgetown.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 161

Originally posted by Trckmagik
Where are you guys meeting on Saturday morning. I will be coming from Dallas.

OK for the DFW/Mckinney, and everyone who is north of the Waco area:

We will meet at 6:00am just south of Waco on I-35 at the Hewitt exit #328, there is a Diamond Shamrock, get off at the exit take the service road to the light/overpass and you will see the Diamond Shamrock on the other side of the light.

The parking lot is large enough to accomodate trailers and exits right back onto the freeway with no problems, there is also air/water there too if you will be needing that also.

Where you see the *328* on the map is where we'll meet.

Attachments

• hewitt.gif
    hewitt.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 170

Just so you know:

The last two post are for SATURDAY MORNING!

notice the times for each location:

6:00am Waco/Hewitt exit #328

7:00-7:30am Georgetown/HWY 29 exit #261

Lady's don't feel intimidated as SVT Girl will be going and I think Msupertek's wife will be there too, so guys bring your wife's, girl firends, or special other's for the fun and festivities!

My better half will be staying in Dallas as she has relatives coming in from out of town. So I need to be in Waco at 6am Sounds like a plan.

See ya there! :D

Okie dokie... Can't wait to meet everyone!

This is going to be awsome!!!!!:D

:bounce: Can't wait! Can't wait!!!!!

.....Thinking about going if I could leave my VW in town on Saturday and be taken to it Saturday night instead of camping. (Ride along)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As far as I know, as it stands now, everyone will be camping out there and not returning Saturday night.

Back