textured spray paint? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

textured spray paint?

I just did my door panels fiberglassed, it's ready for paint, I want to do something like a textured paint job. Is there any spray paint that is textured?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

10953076.jpg

Is that okay to use over fiberglass and body filler?

I just bought some of that stuff and it turned out great.

Careful with 'textured' paints - they will trap dirt a LOT easier than smooth surface paints.

Ditto on the dirt, I spend like an hour cleaning my moldings & bumpers since I painted them with bed liner :p:

there is only one product i can ever recommend for a job like this....SEM Texture PAint...its the one in the middle...

IMG_0633.JPG

i recently glassed in tweeters into my a-pillars, and it was all finished in fiberglass and body filler. prime, texture, SEM matching paint....i can't say enough good things about this product. I'll let the pics do the talking...

glassed:
IMG_0619.JPG

primed:
IMG_0631.JPG

SEM Textured:
IMG_0636.JPG

SEM painted:
IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0644.JPG

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0657.JPG

SEM is the only thing i'l ever use for interior work...

X2 on the dirt, my whole truck has bed liner on it and I just gave up on keeping it clean, now I just hose it off every once and a while.

sem paint?

Where can I get that sem paint at?

Do a google search: sem textured paint Can be ordered online.

Hope this helps.

EE

so is using bed liner a PITA? i was gonna do it to mine:salute:

I spent like 45 min trying to make it look good on Sunday when I gave my truck a bath, no luck, everything else looks shiny and pretty and the bedliner looks dull, it's been there less than 2 months

I’ve heard that using a gloss on top will help but it will still catch dirt, I usually take a brush to it to make it clean as possible, and if I really want it to look good I use foaming tire cleaner (be careful though its oily and more dirt can stick if you don't wash it back off)

Back