Thank God 2009 is almost gone! May 2010 be a better year! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thank God 2009 is almost gone! May 2010 be a better year!

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 X '19 Rngr
Just a rant here, but I can't wait for 2009 to be over, this has been a terrible year for alot of people including myself. It was so bad that in May we disided to stay up one night till midnight and count down as if it were a new year. I really just done with this year, and want the nightmare to end:(

Happy Holidays All, to a better 2010 for all!:chug::dpchug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2009 has been a bad year for me also, got layed off/put on work comp in feb. and still having to pay C/P . doctor cut my hand open and screwed my hand, now waiting for them to removed the crushed finger, got screwed on my vaction pay, don't know when i'm going back to work or if i'll ever get to go back. yes this year has been a bad one COME ON 2010

X2, got laid off, then came back, then put on work share (you work one week on, one week off), and now the cake topper, my ex has now sued me for 10K......*****.

This year has been a rough one that's for sure. The hope & change definitely hit us this year, just not the direction we were hoping it would change towards. The economy has crumbled under neath us, and everything has revolved around it. I would say that 90% of everyone's troubles has been a direct result of the political proceedings that has occurred in DC.

I agree!

To start it off, I lost $10,000 of my 401K due to the economy coming crashing down...then it starts going downhill from there...

Got fired from my job of almost 10 years for BS in July, well, more like framed! Tried for unemployment, worthless ESC believed my ex employer over me, so only got paid for three weeks. Got another job, offered a better one, so quit that one, then BOTH jobs were given to someone else. Been out of work since end of September. Been selling all kinds of crap to try and help wife make the bills. Owe both mine and wife's parents over $1000 for their help with bills. Been wasting a lot of time and gas running around filling out applications and resumes, interviewing... but no offers. I am getting desperate and trying retail and fast food now. My field of automotive is a zero. Even Jiffy Screw isn't hiring! Trying to figure how in the hell to get people Christmas gifts when we can't even pay all our bills. And speaking of bills, stopped paying all credit cards (only 3), cell phone, and satellite TV. Direct TV is only company who was willing to work with us, they stopped service for 6 months, rest are harassing us with Emails and phone calls. Meanwhile adding on late charges, interest, and other stupid fees. But the damned government bailed THEM out with billions of dollars of MY taxes. WHERE IS MY AND THE PEOPLE'SBAILOUT MONEY? Oh, silly me I forgot... NOBODY GIVES A F--- ABOUT US, THE NON-WEALTHY WORKING CLASS! I just want to scream! Or maybe go to the old job that fired me for BS and start kicking ass one by one action hero style!!! "Oh, yes, there will be blood!" But going to prison for assault, battery, attempted murder, etc would only make my problems worse... so just bend over and take some more shafting! I hate my life. :thumbdwn:

2010 HAS GOT TO BE BETTER, SURE AS HELL CAN'T GET ANY WORSE!

I think this song pretty much sums up 2009:

It's a great day: by Paul Thorn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

worstyearever.jpg

I agree!

To start it off, I lost $10,000 of my 401K due to the economy coming crashing down...then it starts going downhill from there...

I think this song pretty much sums up 2009:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh9s4VXKKfQ
It's a great day: by Paul Thorn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was funny.....the song I mean, not your situation. I like " I Hate My Life", by Theory of a Deadman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zfKPlvnwak

I Hate My Life is my ringtone, lol.

2009 hasn't been great but for us it could have been a lot worse. I don't see 2010 getting much better more likely staying about the same as it is now. I am hoping 2011 can get much better.

2009 hasn't been great but for us it could have been a lot worse. I don't see 2010 getting much better more likely staying about the same as it is now. I am hoping 2011 can get much better.

X's 2. We all have been lucky. Its been very good that we all are not living on the street.

X's 2. We all have been lucky. Its been very good that we all are not living on the street.

that's why i stay here at my house my rents only 150.00 a month for the house and 3 1/2 acres. about ready to start renting trailer lots :D

Well, I got laid off this year, but I was kinda happy about it .... as long as I don't think much about the difficulty I'm gonna have finding a new career. Hopefully 2010 makes it all worthwhile!

Lets see, in Feb my brother got separated and moved in with me.

My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in May (she is doing fine now).

I had surgery on my knee in June.

My dog got hit by a car on November 10th. His eighth birthday was October 15th. Burying him was one of the hardest things I've ever done. We went camping and in his 8 years he'd never taken off, he ran away that Saturday and I found him Tuesday.

My Dad got laid off in November (he was a CFO).

Yeah, ****ty year.

wow, this year has been so bad, where do I even begin......

This is kinda a long story, and it cant be told a short way, as it is I have shortend it quite a bit, but its still long.....

All this madness began when my parents wanted to sell the house and business they owned in Wyoming ( I was 14 at the time ). They wanted to sell simple because they were both just sick and tired of all the snow there, and they hated the cold. But I LOVED both! I didn't want to move, but you know I was 14 so I kinda had to go. So we sell the business pretty fast, but our house hasnt had any buyers yet. As the months go on, cash becomes short not having a job (my parents). So my dad takes a job in the oil field for Pason Systems, putting electrical equipment on the rigs that show all kinds of important data. It was just temporary, just until we sold the house. Well 8 months go by, and we finally have a buyer!

So off we are, traveling the states looking for a new place to live. Coeur d' Alene, Idaho really caught out attention and we all liked it. After talking for some time, we all wanted to live in Cd'A.

I know what does all this have to do with a bad year...I'm just explaining how we got to where we are now....

So living in Idaho for almost 2 years, supprisingly, we all hated it. Why? The GREY SKY's in the fall, winter, and spring! Very easily to get depressed in that type of stuff, expecially if your not used to it. We arent talking a couple days without sun, try 3 straight weeks without sun! Then 1 or 2 days partly cloudy, then right back to clouds! And in the winter, it gets dark real early....around 3:00-3:30. So...now we want to look for a new place. On December 24-25 we traveled down to Alamogordo, New Mexico where my grand parents live. They had talked us into coming down there and try to make a living down there.

Both 2008 and 2009 has been sucky years...because in 2008 we were living in NM. It was ok for the winter, but when summer came, it SUCKED. My dad couldnt even get the business up and going, people a cheap down there. After many months trying to get business, it never worked out. The demand wasnt there, and niether was the money. I dont even want to go into what happend down there, it was horrible. I couldnt wait to leave that hell hole! So here it is June, still in NM. Since the business wasnt working out, my dad descided to call Pason, the compant he worked for before we moved. To our luck, they were hiring and were very interested in hiring back my dad! So after looking over what positions they had in what states (they are all over the U.S. and Canada), Traverse City, Michigan was our destination! So he got hired, and was sent up to Michigan. In the meanwhile, rest of the family was in NM. The company was going to pay all expenses to move us up to Michigan, but wouldnt do so until my dad got a couple months of work in.

So mid August, we are ready to move. TThe company pays for everything, the moving truck, all gas bills for our 3 vehicles, and we had to drive to Wyoming, then up to northern Idaho to get our stuff out of storage, in the peak of gas prices, $5 diesel. All meals paid as well! So they move us to Traverse City, we had already bought a house up here before we started the move. So here we are now, in Traverse, we unpack into our new house.

Ok so everything is going good. A couple months after the move, my mom and brother get enrolled in College and we buy a car for my mom (Volvo S60). Then we bought a 4 wheeler in December to plow our driveway....SO we are all settled in, getting to know neighbors and the area, and we had set everything up in a way because we were going to live here for a long time. Everything is going fine, until the end of March 2009 comes around...Dad comes home, and he says "I lost my job". shock on everyones face. "well why" we all ask. Well the company said "Michigan wasnt working out like we thought it would"! My dad was the only Pason tech in Michigan, and was doing a REALLY good job, no complaints from anyone and his boss never had to see him. So just like that, they leave us out to dry. After talking with them about this situation, they treated us "special" and gave us 3 weaks pay! WTF! Normal employees just get cut immediatly, they show up and say "give us the keys to your truck".

So we have 3 weaks to get our business up and going to support us here, and let me remind you we dont know a sole in Michigan, none of us has ever been here. None of us had any hope that we were going to survive up here, and we were planning to just walk away from our house. My parents gave it their best effort to get the business going, and it has turned out ok,but really tight on cash. So its been going ok for the summer and fall, but winter is now here and business has dropped like crazy...I hope we can make it through to see summer again.

Both me and my brother couldnt even find a job when we first moved here. Fast forward to June 2009, both of us got hired through a government grant doing community work. That lasted for 6 weaks, thats the ONLY employment both of us has had even up to this day. It sucks, the money I had stashed up from the summer job is now gone.

Not to mention a whole bunch of bad things happened in 2009, LOTS of bad things! 2009 was a horrible year, and i dont think we've seen the worst of it yet, this next half month we will be finding out!

few more hours to go!!!!:bounce:

2010 is GONNA be better! I GOT A JOB TODAY!!!! :bounce:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back