• Register Today It's free!

Thank you Livernois

SurrealOne

Reaction score
City, State
OC Calif
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
I was not sure if I had the power to take out the Range Rover Evoque. Smaller lighter then my Sport. But he looked at me and I looked at him we both hit it and he had me for split sec but I had him as the turbos started to spin up. And it was all me. I could see the frustration in his face :mad: as I pulled away. His was brand new not even plates yet. Thanks Livernois :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Considering the Evoque only has 240hp; you should be able to out run it without a tune.
That's 125hp more, which is more than enough to offset the weight.
With the tune, it should have made the Evoque look like it froze on the spot.

Considering the Evoque only has 240hp; you should be able to out run it without a tune.
That's 125hp more, which is more than enough to offset the weight.
With the tune, it should have made the Evoque look like it froze on the spot.

Good point! I had no idea how much HP it had when I was sitting at the light. And he had that look like I had no chance. He did get a good pop off the line. But no match.

Good point! I had no idea how much HP it had when I was sitting at the light. And he had that look like I had no chance. He did get a good pop off the line. But no match.

Our Explorer Sport is generally underestimated due to its size.
Many don't realize that there's a twin turbo power plant under the hood.
While I don't encourage street racing, it's OK to stretch the Explorer's leg a bit. Lol.

My brother has a 2015 Evoque. I believe they are all aluminum, much lighter than ours. I have driven his and it's pretty quick. Not sure a stock Sport would take it. A tuned Sport would though.

My brother has a 2015 Evoque. I believe they are all aluminum, much lighter than ours. I have driven his and it's pretty quick. Not sure a stock Sport would take it. A tuned Sport would though.

I'm pretty sure a stock Sport can take an Evoque.
As mentioned, there's 125 more hp; which is more than enough to offset the weight difference.

Back