• Register Today It's free!

Thanks for all the help guys

Thelt

Reaction score
City, State
Lenoir, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
I finally sold my Explorer. Thanks for all the help over the past couple of years guys. This is probably the best forum I have ever been a part of. You guys are helpful and classy compared to the other places I have gone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why'd ya sell the Ex? It was coming along quite nicely. What are you replacing it with?

yea ! what cozmik said ?????

what did u get for a replacement

haha one more time what did you replace it with???? better have been a superduty :p

I just got frustrated with it. The front ball joints when out then one of the power windows crapped out. It developed a vibration in the front end after I replaced the ball joints. It had almost 140k on it. I bought a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was able to buy it for not a lot more than what I sold the Explorer for. It has 91k miles on it and has been taken care of. It has solid axles in the front and back too.

The Jeep forum is not as good as this one though.

they are fun suvs my buddy has a lifted one with 33s. even tho its a jeep it still looks good. lol it will be nice to be able to flip through a mag and order parts for it. best of luck with it bud.

they are fun suvs my buddy has a lifted one with 33s. even tho its a jeep it still looks good. lol it will be nice to be able to flip through a mag and order parts for it. best of luck with it bud.

HECK YA!!!!

I do like the coolness of having to modify ours, but after awhile it would be nice to have something 100% built for ours:cool:

I just got frustrated with it. The front ball joints when out then one of the power windows crapped out. It developed a vibration in the front end after I replaced the ball joints. It had almost 140k on it. I bought a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was able to buy it for not a lot more than what I sold the Explorer for. It has 91k miles on it and has been taken care of. It has solid axles in the front and back too.

The Jeep forum is not as good as this one though.

That could have been caused by bad alignment, you took off the arms and resembled it. So it may have un-aligned it. Just an idea, though its a little late. Good luck, I myself is a little jealous of that Jeep.

I had it lined up after I put in the ball joints. It was just time to move on to something new though.

Thanks for the well wishes. There are certainly more options for Jeeps. It is bone stock right now though. I want to at least get some 31s on it. You need about 3" of lift for that on a ZJ.

I had it lined up after I put in the ball joints. It was just time to move on to something new though.

Thanks for the well wishes. There are certainly more options for Jeeps. It is bone stock right now though. I want to at least get some 31s on it. You need about 3" of lift for that on a ZJ.

LOL, maybe thats why they have parts for them, and not for the 3rd gens.... cause they need a lift to fit decent size tires;)

u got pics of ur jeep

LOL, maybe thats why they have parts for them, and not for the 3rd gens.... cause they need a lift to fit decent size tires;)

Yea I know, I had tires that were almost 32s on my Ex. For all its ruggedness you would think a Jeep could accomodate a larger tire. That seems to be a Jeep thing though. My wife has a Liberty and it can't handle more than a 29" tire without a lift.

I will try to get a picture up. It does not look great right now though. The plastic trim on the bumpers and down the sides needs painting.

X2
This is a much better community.

You tend to get slammed for not searching the old posts before asking a question over there. I understand some of that frustration but a little consideration for the noobies would be nice. This place has been great.

You still driving the TJ?

You tend to get slammed for not searching the old posts before asking a question over there. I understand some of that frustration but a little consideration for the noobies would be nice. This place has been great.

You still driving the TJ?

Sold it for a 2007 Grand cherokee limited, 5.7 hemi LOADED! Sweet ride, wife took it from me and I bought an old cherokee to beat around in.

Back