Thanx for everything serious explorations | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Thanx for everything serious explorations

231Saleen

Reaction score
City, State
Tampabay,Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT - 00 Body
I appreciate how nice everyone is.
Last night I had a gun to my head.
My truck was jacked.
At least im still alive.
But in my eyes its just a waste of time and money.
Its sad these days how some people that dont work get there stuff. I worked my ass off for five years. My x was my pride and joy. Now its gone.
And if i do get it back it will be a pile of scraps on bricks. Explorers are great. But for now im going to buy another musatng and keep it stock. What happened to me last night changed my life. Im not willing to risk it again on trying to have one nice looking ride.
Wes Walker

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im sorry man.,..... that sucks.... u know did they find him?

Glad you are alright:) I hope they catch the a-holes:mad:

Man that really sucks.
At least you did the right thing and went with their damands. Losing your truck is tough but loosing your life over your truck wouldnt be right. Hopefully insurance won't hurt you too bad and hopefully the police catch the people that did that. You could post a picture of it in a thread called Stolen Truck in Tampa Bay area and have a picture of it and maybe someone will see it.

I can't even imagine that feeling. But your life is a lot more important than a car. Glad you were not hurt.

That makes me sick...I hope all is well in the end.

Wow man, Glad your ok... I agree with ok 89.... post a picture in a thread and let ppl know what it looks like so they can report it if they see it... Its a long shot, but you know... Once again, glad your ok. I dont really know ya, but it woulda sucked to lose a fellow Ex owner...
--bryan

Man that is the harshest thing I have heard in a long time. Glad you gave up your truck no problem and you are okay. Just know that karma will get those suckers in the end....

There are some crazy mixed up people out there, I'm so sick of all the stories on the news about sex offenders and murders, I have denied buying a hand gun for many years, I never thought I would need one, I figured if the s*** went down my rifle and shotgun locked up tight would be enough, but these days it's too damn risky. For the protection of my family and myself I've started looking......

Glad to hear that you are okay, somebody stupid enough to put a gun to your head is stupid enough to pull the trigger......

I just drove by Colubine HS at lunch and every single time I see it (often) It reminds me of 4/20, 9/11 and all the crazyness out there in the world.........

What is this world coming too? You cant trust anyone anymore and good people seem to be few and f ar between. I hate a-hole like this who sit around and do nothing all day and prey on those of us that work to get what we have. I'm glad you're ok man, keep ya head up. I can sort of relate, I felt the same way when my old X got totalled.

Sorry to hear that. Maybe they won't part it out and the police will be able to find it. It does look unique though, and that might make the crooks dump it.

Again, very sorry to hear what happened. Glad you're ok.

You are OK and thats what counts.

If you can fix it with money, it ain't broken.....

Here are some pics of his truck:

Attachments

• explorer2.jpg
    explorer2.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 386

Attachments

• explorer3.jpg
    explorer3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 377

Everyone in Explorer circles should keep an eye out for those parts, rims, body kit, etc. That is one unique truck and those are not common parts...even if you have to buy the stuff to find out who is selling it would be worth it to catch these slimeballs.....

A list of everything on that truck would be helpful, also keep us posted on what the cops have to say..........

Definately not a common truck! We have an obligation to look out for these punks....

Originally posted by 410Fortune
A list of everything on that truck would be helpful, also keep us posted on what the cops have to say..........

This is the info from his sig...
------------------------------------------------------------------
96 XLT 4.0l with 00 body
Saleen Kit, Saleen Seats, Saleen Guages-
BBK Supercharger, BBK 66mm TB, BBK Headers, BBK Feul System-
Port and Polish, Vanir camshaft, valvetrain, forged pistons, and manly rods-
jacobs water cooled intakecooler.
Ford Racing 3.55 ring and pinion, posie trac-
21" Giovanna Drama with T.V.s, 5" drop
-----------------------------------------------------------------

That is a SICK truck. Lots of TLC there. That just plain ol' sucks! Speachless.

What a shame! that is soooooo much love poured into a 96, who cares about the $$$$$$, it's the time and love involved in building a truck like that hurts....

Karma is an incredible thing, they will get theirs.............
We should all do everything we can to help, if you see any used BBK stuff be very suspicious........they havent been out that long and they have not sold that many of them so somebody selling a used kit is RARE at best.

The rims are diffrent now. About 3 weeks ago I put Giovanna Dramas on it. They are a tad bigger than the one in the picture. They look like a really big saleen wheel. Five star open lug.
Thak you for all of your support.

wow, don't think i have ever seen you on the board before. I looked over your singnature, and all i can say is 'wow'. The thing looked incredible, plus all the engine work. Did you ever dyno or run it in the 1/4? It wouldn't be so much as the fact that it was gone to me, but the fact for all the work i put into it with my own bloody knuckles....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

and how did you go about dropping it 5". Did you do the whole different tortion bar flip and twist?

Back