That didn't take long

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
I must give Ford a hand on this one. I just checked my mail and right in front of me was a copy of the Car and Driver report on blowouts on the Explorer. Go Fig. On top of that there's a ton of info on the PSI of the tire as well as a sticker showing that they want you to use 30psi and a small booklet showing safe driving tips.

Great job Ford.

Now if only you did it to protect me ;P

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Leebo,

Ford said they were going to do that back in 1997. When they changed the rear tire pressure recommendation from 26 to 28, they were supposed to send me a new sticker, a voucher for a tire inspection at Goodyear, and some "safe-driving" stuff. All I got was a lousy form letter.

For some unknown reason we do not get stuff from Ford. Who knows. We were supposed to get something about the faulty liftgate and never did either.. oh well.

I hate that darn liftgate.....I've had to reweld one side and the other side has broke off on me about a month ago. I wish I wasn't to lazy to go to ford.

If anybody wants a copy of the letter give me a yell.....I'll try to scan the letter.

Originally posted by flyguy
For some unknown reason we do not get stuff from Ford. Who knows. We were supposed to get something about the faulty liftgate and never did either.. oh well.

Are you the original owner?

I got mine used....

Sometimes though Ford's computers dont get updated when the ownership of the vehicle changes. If you can contact the original owner do that and see if he or she still recieves recalls etc.

Yeah.. original owner. go figure. Bought it new. When you take it to Ford... they have to support bracket thingies they put on for the liftgate.

nick

and I quote.....

"For vehicles originally equipped with other tires, the recommended tire pressure remains as specified on the certification label on the drivers door."

Nope

It also says that I can go to any ford dealer and have them "install" the sticker at no extra cost.

I may take my Explorer and the sticker down for the newest mod from ford.....hehehe. This does tell me though that a trip to the dealer should be able to get you the info in the packet.

Flyguy and everybody else...try these two to try to get onto the computer or to get the correct address...

1-800-392-3673
or
http://www.ownerconnection.com
(site isn't too good)

they also sent a card to change my info, but I'm sure a letter would work too

Ford Customer Service Division
Ford Motor Company Recall
PO Box 1904
Dearborn MI 48121-9976

BTW....it takes a appointment to have "special Service Program 00L09 performed on your vehicle....LMAO

Just to put on a sticker.....I love ford.

Back