The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside... | Page 49 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The 4.0 Swap was chump change compared to this - Look inside...

I have dropped the tank on many many vehicles, I just couldn't bring myself to do it on this one, I did replace the in tank pump a couple months ago and like Heath said I just cut a hole in the floor, it it covered up by my toolbox so you can't even tell. I clamped off the return line and cycled the key and I got 70-80 psi and more importantly no leak down, that tells me that my fuel is getting bypassed through the regulator, and not through an injector. and since it was able to build a lot of pressure I know that my pumps, filter and lines are all in good order. Has to be the regulator. just need to get some sheckles saved up. My kids are always running around in the garage when i'm working, I need to put them to work haha.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jon how much is that FPR for your rig? It would be the one for the 4.0L right...

there is a closeout one on rockauto for 35$, local they are like 85. I have a gear job to finish and then depending on when the dude pays me I hope I can get the cheaper one lol.

where are you looking? this is a rock auto closeout on a 92 explorer, the central port pressure regulator, $34.34, 3 remaining. I had a job to change a transmission in a 2wd toyota fall into my lap today though, should have it done in a few hrs, thats 200$ in the bank.

I was going through the drill downs. We at least you found it and will have cash shortly... Gotta love it when something drops in your lap like that...

I wish I could get side jobs like that. Mine have dried up. Haven't had anything like that in a while. I have been with the same company for just under 2 years and feel more economically unstable now than ever. Sucks!!

My B2 is up and running. The A/C is nice and cold. Its heaven on a hot humid southern day!! I take alot of heel at work, Because I work at a GM supplier plant. One of my coworkers jumped out of his Yukon and I rolled the window down and asked him if he wanted some cool air. Your book value may be higher, but my A/C works!! Guess that makes my Ford better than his GM. Right?

its a ford so it is def better than his GM haha.

I put a new to me radiator in the bdos that I got from a buddy of mine, it had a broken upper outlet but I cut my old radiator's out and epoxied it in with some plastic epoxy my cousin recommended. It is a 2 row out of a ranger, minor mods were required to fit but it should give me a bit more cooling capacity, and it was free.

B73-37644680EDA3-1983-000001FE83F06A7E_zpsd3a4a547.jpg

Also tried a few more things with the fuel pressure problem I was having, come to find out although the fuel pressure regulator isn't working properly it is not effecting the problem I am actually having, the real problem is that the fuel pumps are intermittently turning off and on. When the problem starts and the fuel pressure drops the main pump is not running, and then when I turn it off and then turn the key to on to prime the pumps the main comes on but not the in tank pump, meaning I don't get enough fuel pressure. So I tracked down the wiring for the pumps and it seems really weird that I get problems with them because they have a common power source and a common ground, I just don't see where the problem is. Still mulling this one over, I cut out some stock connectors and soldered the wires together to make sure I have a good connection, but I haven't been able to run it bk of the radiator, should be able to play with it this week.

Dang I'd like to see you fix that fuel problem. I know it's got to be a huge thorn in your side.
I would never say just get yourself a Holley off road and be done with that problem...no never.
Although with that said there was a moment at the East Coast Bronco meet I had the B2 layed over on it's side where it was teeter tottering and it did cut off. Guys had to come over and pull down on it so the floats would work lol. Once it started it sputtered until I reved it up to clear it out. The floats work great for up and down but not so for sideways or roll axis.
Might just have to look into one of those aftermarket gizmos. Might help in the fuel consumption dept.
Any rate get that fuel system working and post some wheeling pics instead of sitting on the porch ;) Summer will be over before you know it.

the radiator fix didn't work, unfortunately. trying to get enough cash flow for a new 2 row rad, money is as always tight though. yeah this fuel pump wiring bs is really starting to piss me off, I think I might just rewire both pumps for now, or I could probably just get an aftermarket pump for it and run a single, what a pain in the ass. I need to finish the cage too, got the halo bar bent up, actually not a lot more bending to do to finish it.

I hate to say it, but i saw the radiator on ebay for $69. Brand new. Crazy right?

I hate to say it, but i saw the radiator on ebay for $69. Brand new. Crazy right?

I saw some single row ones for around that price, but I picked up a 2 row for 101 on rockauto, they had single rows for like 45$

f I just found a 2 row on ebay for 79

I would rather buy from the local guy, but sometimes ebay prices just cannot be beat. It sucks , because it is probably putting more American workers out of work. It is probably built in some 3rd world country, Shipped to California and packed and shipped by an illegal immigrant. I miss the days when you could nuy a product built by our people (which means we had factory jobs) it was packed by us (another job) and bought from your local parts house (more Americans at work). Now You can buy it off Ebay and no Americans are working in the whole process. Ain't Ebay great? For the foreign worker??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I found another radiator, from carparts wholesale on ebay it is 2 row for 69.99 with free shipping.

Back