The 94 is getting Dana 44s and a AMC 360 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The 94 is getting Dana 44s and a AMC 360

1992explorerMi

Reaction score
City, State
Livingston County Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Explorer Sport
Found this for a great price so it is getting sacrificed
thoughts on the swap let me know

00g0g_avabm57xzJD_1200x900.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heh, what was that, a Wagoneer?

Wow, that's different! Will you have room for the 360, headers/manifold, distributor or air leaner assy? I understand it is a pretty good engine with boat loads of torque.

Wow, that's different! Will you have room for the 360, headers/manifold, distributor or air leaner assy? I understand it is a pretty good engine with boat loads of torque.
with torches and saws all it should fit

Indeed!!;)

I see no reason a dodge 360 wouldn't fit well. I measured my 93 explorer to see how a chevy 350 would fit, and it would drop in without a fuss. I don't think you would have to do much for modifications other than motor mounts. I actually wish I had gone that route. I could have had the drive line figured out by now, and I would have ended up with more power and reliability. Now thats a thought. Put the 350 in my explorer, and my rebuild 4.0 in my K5 blazer!

Now thats a thought. Put the 350 in my explorer, and my rebuild 4.0 in my K5 blazer!

Awesome. Paint the Ex orange and the blazer blue!!

LOL....!

What transmission are you going to use? AX15 with a 242 case would be a sweet combo.

Back