The Cliffs - Marseilles, IL - November 28 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Cliffs - Marseilles, IL - November 28

mynameisaric

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bolingbrook, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
Callsign
KD9OWX
Who wants to go wheeling over the holiday weekend?

Place:
The Cliffs Insane Terrain
2400 E. Bluff St.
Marseilles, Illinois 61341
http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/

Time:
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Trails are open 9am-4pm
Lot opens at 8:30, and closes at 4:30

Who's Coming:
MyNameIsAric

My goal is to have my truck trail ready before that weekend, so it may or may not be a maiden voyage for me.

Pictures from previous events:

IMG_17891.jpg

IMG_1802.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1505.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

humm.... I better get to work if I want the B2 to be done by then.

I may be up for this. Keep me updated......

If i can get the X back into reliable city driving, or if i can get a trailer yes. Should be a yes either way though as i need it drivable before snow falls.

I will be working. Honestly, the next chance I'm going to get wheel will probably be a May adventure to Moab again.

Bump, anyone's rig going to be up and running for this run? Mine might be, but I have to find an engine/trans/tcase for it by then...:rolleyes:

I would definatly like to go with. but all i have is TT, shackles and 31' A/t ill be alirght right lol?

yeah, you'll be good. i dont know if i'll be done with my truck..... lost all my will power when the good weather went away.

Ya, it's not looking good to get mine done either...When the cold hit I got worried about my project boat and have mostly been working on stripping out the donor boat so I can get the good one in doors and won't have to do anything outside when the snow starts falling. I need to get the b2's suspension done though so there is room in the garage to work on the boat though. Too many projects...lol

The explorer's tires are about shot too, so I won't go if all I can drive is the explorer. FYI 45k on the TrXus Mt's

Well mine is running but not very well. Don't think I'd trust it going out there and actually wheeling, which means its decommissioned pretty much until sometime next summer :(

Could you flat tow it with the lightning? I'm pretty sure I'm going to flat tow the B2 with the ex when it's done.

Could you flat tow it with the lightning? I'm pretty sure I'm going to flat tow the B2 with the ex when it's done.

I could... if i figured out how my hitch went back on, got my new hood hinges (cowl hood flew up while i was doing 70 and messed up everything), put on my hood pins, it wasn't snowing, and if someone pulled me back to the parking lot when it dies. :thumbdwn:

I'd rather find a trailer to use and buy a bigger hitch for the Mounty.

I'll probably just rebuild half the truck come spring/summer.

ok... so we should plan something for the end of next summer? I really plan to get cracking again once the weather warms back up, and i don't have a whole lot left. so i should be done hopefully end of spring/early summer. brakes, hydraulics, driveshafts, and clearing the tranny x-member for the front d-shaft and i'm done.

i would love to go! truck is being lifted tomorrow in fact. only prob is i dont know when i will have tow points.... anyone got a welder i could barrow? i need to make some bumpers...

ok... so we should plan something for the end of next summer? I really plan to get cracking again once the weather warms back up, and i don't have a whole lot left. so i should be done hopefully end of spring/early summer. brakes, hydraulics, driveshafts, and clearing the tranny x-member for the front d-shaft and i'm done.

Sounds good to me, im on antibiotics right now to prevent bronchitis and pneumonia so theres no telling if i'd be better by then.

So whats going on, is this happpening or not?

Sounds good to me, im on antibiotics right now to prevent bronchitis and pneumonia so theres no telling if i'd be better by then.

dude that sucks, hope you get better...

my ex should be done by than. lift is done, getting it aligned tomorrow. just need bumpers and the gears/ ausie lockers and im good to go.

So whats going on, is this happpening or not?

I think it got postponed until next spring because most of us are not ready for a run.

Back