• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

The Corona Virus - COVID 19 Thread

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
seriously?
Like you eat the corn then multiple people wipe with the cob? Or is it like toothbrushes every member of the house has their own brown and white cobs? So gross.......

we need the 3 sea shells
LOL! The cobs being referred to are not ones left over after eating sweet corn. They are ones left over after processing feed corn, or also known as field corn. This type of corn is left to dry in the field during the Fall and the cobs left behind (no pun intended) are dry and rough. They are much better suited for the task of cleaning one's bung hole of debris. Just don't get too aggressive because they will take a lot more (i.e. skin) than what is targeted. Lastly, once a cob is used it is discarded. On a farm that grows corn they are quite abundant.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

devo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Pumpkin
LOL! The cobs being referred to are not ones left over after eating sweet corn. They are ones left over after processing feed corn,
That's another subject for me altogether. IMO there is no such thing as sweet corn anymore :( These days they try to pass off white corn as sweet corn. It used to be that the white corn was feed corn. From what I understand it's because of Monsanto changing the seed to make the plants more productive and less susceptible to drought, insects, etc. Yellow corn that looks beautiful and is fresh still doesn't have that same flavor. I remember picking the raw kernels off the old sweet corn and eating them like candy.

BTW, I didn't realize at first that I was posting with my test account. This is Rick.

Last edited by a moderator:

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
That's another subject for me altogether. IMO there is no such thing as sweet corn anymore :( These days they try to pass off white corn as sweet corn. It used to be that the white corn was feed corn. From what I understand it's because of Monsanto changing the seed to make the plants more productive and less susceptible to drought, insects, etc. Yellow corn that looks beautiful and is fresh still doesn't have that same flavor. I remember picking the raw kernels off the old sweet corn and eating them like candy.

BTW, I didn't realize at first that I was posting with my test account. This is Rick.
We have a local small farm near us that sells organic produce and they produce some decent sweet corn and other items. I too like to eat corn on the cob raw and find it refreshing on a hot summer day. To me, cooking good sweet corn is like cooking watermelon.

Turdle

Habla tortuga
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty
Yeah I guess I shoulda mentioned that Grandpa was a Nebraska Corn Farmer. Think outhouse.

You can still find good sweet corn seeds. Get em. look for Peaches n cream, it is a double color extra sweet. Sticky sweet.
Kandy Corn is also a good hybrid.
It's actually still kinda early to plant so give em a whirl.

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
As y'all may already know ford and Chevrolet are making ventilators

I don't know about y'all but I WANT A FORD :burnout:

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
Who all is working from home?

I set up my remote office in Garage, and when ever I log on to a new Skype call, everyone sees a Grabber Blue Navajo behind me and say..." What a cool garage!" :cool:

410Fortune

Mud Season
Staff member
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 Slightly Modified
I WFH
but I have been since 2005 :)
Elevators upstairs
Trucks downstairs

toypaseo

Flunked daycare
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
outside shovelling snow
Year, Model & Trim Level
................ 96 XLT ™
Well, my hometown of 6700 people, where I live, has it’s official first positive Coronavirus case. It’s one of my friends, but I haven’t been around her for at least three months...

Hacra

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Vantaa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 Eddie Bauer
Currently most likely have the said virus, lungs hurt, breathing is slightly difficult (hard to yell at wife) day 11, they say most people die at day 14 if they do. Because of this haven't been able to continue my projects (door latch will have to wait for a while).

Work as trainer for automation users, shouldn't have to worry (i hope).

Friends who have had the virus say it's over in couple weeks, i sure hope that's the case.

No shortage of TP anymore.

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Stic-o

Elite Movie Star
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Lake View Terrace, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Navajo '99 XL '16 XLT
The only problem with that is spending the money to get it in the first place. LOL
Probably find them at the dollar store now:p

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
The only problem with that is spending the money to get it in the first place. LOL
Probably find them at the dollar store now:p
New business idea. Hit all the dollar and thrift stores for all the has-been who wrote a book fails and turn them into toilet paper. Oh, man. I'm gonna be rich.

BKennedy

Elite Loser
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, PRofK
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
:)

allmyEXes

Reaction score
City, State
No. Alabama USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Merc "MO" the 5.0
Callsign
KAGG 3611
Earlier in the week me and my Wife were discussing options for toilet paper and the old Sears and Roebuck catalog was mentioned then the phone book option was mentioned. My 7 year old grandson asked and seriously I might add..."What is a phone book?"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

donalds

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Nc
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 ford explorer sohc
Still no tp here