• Register Today It's free!

"the Den" run, San Antonio???

JPA1982

Reaction score
City, State
Austin, TX for now
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT V8 AWD
looking to see if there are some X's interested in making a run down to the den in western san antonio sometime soon, give a few suggestions on dates and times, lots of cheap hotels around if looking to stay over nite or we can just make it a day trip.

i think one of the local 4wd clubs meets out there on 11am on sundays if some of the texas X crew wants to come down and pull out some jeeps (and prob me) would be great, lol

i'm in town till end of august so i'm up for whenever works for everyone else, just trying to get more lift asap on mine, only running 31s and 2" lift on 97 right now.

if u want some pics of the den trails look at these ones
http://www.midnightfourwheelers.org/frame.htm
click on past trail runs, there are a few of the den, so scroll down

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking to go sometime in mid july, so if any one is south texas is interested just pick a date and i'll be there, i'm doing my body lift and 33s begining of the month, so i'll be a little more capable then right now.

I might want to run the den around 17-18 maybe

that sounds good to me, all this rain has really hurt my paycheck due to working outdoors, but i'll try and have my truck more ready by then, regardless i'll go, just how far back i can go different story.

Datboychris is in town and works right up the street from the den, hopefully we can get him to go along, wish more of the san antonio group was active

17/18th sounds good lets see who we can get here, i'll let u know because of all the rain that we got last week that place is FLOODED still right now, so in 2 weeks hopefully it will be better for some of us with more stock then mods, if u know what i mean, either way, if one big dawg comes then i guess we are all saved,

lets make it happen, keep ur fingers for a few jeeps out there, always fun.

try and get a few more of these guys to come down to SA, especially u h-town guys
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=997130#post997130

I'll go on 17/18 of July since it looks like the Hot Springs Trip is cancelled.

Well I have a lot of family in San Antonio so my stay is free, plus I havn't seen them in a while. So I'm in. So where are we gonna meet???
:cool:

My question is, Is this purely a 4x4 run? I have the X-Spec lowering kit on mine. Would it be able to go or do you "have" to have your truck raised for this?

You would need a lifted Truck. You would be dragging too much

BBQ_HotDogs said:
My question is, Is this purely a 4x4 run? I have the X-Spec lowering kit on mine. Would it be able to go or do you "have" to have your truck raised for this?

sunday sounds good to me, we might run into one of the local 4x4 clubs out there, so that wouldn't be to bad.

we could do breakfast right around the corner then jump in the trucks and hit the dirt? hows everyones feelings on this. there is a good mexican place right next to the whataburger on Ingram Rd. (for out of towners) its Ingram and 410 W. i've heard that SA4x4 meets at the whataburger sometime around 10, Ingram Park mall area.

Lets see who is going to do this:add to the list: (put # of open seats if u are willing to take 'ride a longs')
Sunday July 18, 10-11am "Villa Maria Prados" (next to Whataburger)
JPA1982 (0)

that's kewl with me.

sundays fine. I am not sure how many seats Ill have open, cause I'm not sure if any of my family will want to go with me or not.

i would love to go but my tow rig (my explorer) is out of commision.. until the tranny get fixed. so, pray for a miracle guys. lol.

Sunday July 18, 10-11am "Villa Maria Prados" (next to Whataburger)

JPA1982 (0)
Msupertek(0?)

um ok, well please add to the list so we all know who to expect hopefully, i'm looking forward to at least a few big dawgs, can't wait to see these explorers that i've only seen awesome pics of on here, finally in person, sure a few more of u want to as well, so make the trip,

also just checking if anyone would like to come down the 17th sat. morning, cause i'm planning on putting my body lift on, if not thats cool to, sure i can do it myself with the shop i'll be at, was just curious if anyone would experience would be willing to lend a hand on this.

Lets have a good turnout, talk it up, there are plenty of south texas explorers around, bring the stockers, they will be able to go back into the den somewhat.

Man it looks like just me and you so far. :bounce:

This seems to happen a lot, the biggest turn out for a group of explorers that I've seen so far was at Gilmer when Rick came. Other than that it always seems to be just a few trucks.

well as long as u show up, its all gravy, i just wanna see that truck up close and personal,i know its going to tower over mine. u know what day ur coming down,

hint hint, can always use an extra hand for the body lift

msupertek, if the ex get fix on time, i can tow the XJ with it and go down there with u guys too. that is if the ex is up to it.

oh yea, also, drove by the den front entrance and part of the back side today, still looked nice and soaked, lol, plenty of puddles and tons of water anywhere u look, one bad thing about that is, gonna smell like total crap by the time we get there next weekend, lol, oh well all part of the fun i guess

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump, trying to get lil more interest and also if anyone else is confirmed YES????

Back