The difference between authority and power | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!
    If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

The difference between authority and power

AspenX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Garland, TX Aspen,Co
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 EB 4x4,04 Z06 Corvette
A DEA officer stops at a ranch in Texas, and talks with an old rancher. He tells the rancher, 'I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs.'

The old rancher says, 'Okay, but do not go in that field over there' as he points out the location.

The DEA officer verbally explodes, saying, 'Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me.' Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removes his badge and proudly displays it to the farmer. 'See this badge? This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish...on any land. No questions asked or answers given. Have I made myself clear? Do you understand?'

The old rancher nods politely, apologizes, and goes about his chores.

A short time later, the old rancher hears loud screams and sees the DEA officer running for his life chased close behind by the rancher's prize bull. With every step the bull is gaining ground on the officer, and it seems likely that he'll get "horned" before he reaches safety..
The officer is clearly terrified. The old rancher throws down his tools, runs to the fence and yells at the top of his lungs.....

'Your badge! Show him your badge!

nobodyspecial

Reaction score
City, State
ND
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mountaineer
Thats awesome.
rollinglaugh1.gif

Anime

EF YEAH!!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 EX Sport Concept
Well if the DEA officer was armed like most field agents, then he'd have power too.

Of course, the joke hinges on the person either not having a gun or not using it.

davesexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Central PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F350 7.3
Nice one, made me laugh without having to think too much into a joke.